Childish

before we get into it.... what are your thoughts on takeem?? comment and let me know!

please excuse any grammar errors

Tiana's POV:

"Tee.... Tee...."

"Tee!" I quickly open my eyes to see a shirtless Hakeem standing over me. "You a heavy ass sleeper, bae. I was starting to think you were dead or in a coma or some shit." He chuckles and I sit up, rolling my eyes. He takes his spot in the bed, pulling his phone out.

"So... If you thought I was dead or in a coma.... what was repeatedly calling my name gonna do?" I give him a funny look and he returns it, causing me to laugh.

I reach over to the night stand, pulling my phone off of the charger. My most recent messages were from Cookie.

Cookie Lyon: Are you awake?

Cookie Lyon: Is Hakeem there?

Cookie Lyon: Tell Hakeem stupid ass to answer the phone or I'll pull up to that house. I swear that boy so childish....🙄

I chuckle to myself because I could hear her saying all of this in my head. "Keem, are you seriously still not talking to your mom?"

"Yes, girl. I don't give a damn bout any of that Empire shit no more."

"Hakeem." I sigh, placing my phone back on the night stand. "Yes you do. No matter what, deep down you will always 'give a damn' about Empire, baby."

"Okay but that doesn't mean I have to care about my messy ass, lyin ass, cheatin' ass family." He shrugs. Hakeem was always trying to act like he didn't care about that stuff anymore but I knew he was lying, I could read him like a book now. After the Empire movie dropped, Hakeem had convinced himself that it was best if he cut all ties with his family, which I told him was a dumb idea because his mom is Cookie Lyon of all people and if she wanted to get in touch with her youngest son, she was gonna get in touch with her youngest son.

"I just have one question. How does any of this have to do with your mom?"

"Because she kept Lucious bitch ass."

"Love makes you do stupid things, Keem. We should know more than anyone. After all of the fights and cheating scandals we've gone through....look we we are now."

"I just don't wanna talk to her right now, aight?" He snaps, getting up out of the bed. Before I could say another thing, he had already stormed out of the bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

I just rub my temples before letting out a long, deep sigh. "I swear, I'm gonna beat that boys ass before his mama does. Y'know what, we can both jump him cause he needs some sense knocked into that big ass head of his." I mumble, getting out of the bed and making my way to the bathroom.

__________________

A/N: Okay so this is my first ever "Takeem" book  I've ever written and I am very much excited about it besties. I know this chapter is mad short but just want to know...y'all feeling this one? lmk. Just a heads up: this book cover is only temporary and will be changed very soon! Okay byeee. :) -KM