Nico's POV

I was in my room sketching. Yes I sketch at 11:00 at night. I mostly did it when I couldn't sleep or my mom was out of town this time it was both. My mom told me that she was going out of town to her hometown to look for something. We never really kept secrets from each other. But something told me she was keeping something from me and it wasn't going to turn out well.

I heard noises coming from downstairs. I looked at the clock it was 11:10 at night. My mom wouldn't be home till tomorrow afternoon. I got up thinking that it could be a raccoon or some type of woodland animal because I live right next to the woods.

I walked in the kitchen and saw the back door wide open. A raccoon can't open the door can it i thought. I grabbed a knife just in case if it was a intruder or a burglar. I looked around the kitchen and didn't see anything I walked into the living room and still didn't see anything. I walked into the dining room and heard a noise come from the core door. I ran to it and saw a tall shadow. I threw the knife at it but it caught it "are you trying to take my eyes out" the shadow said.

I looked at it "Uncle  Derek" I said in a questionable way "yes now can you stop trying to kill me" he said throwing the knife on the ground "what are doing here and why'd you break into my house" I asked "it's your mother" he said "she's out of town what about her" I asked "Nico something happened" he said looking down "no" I said realizing what he meant "no no she can't be" I said stepping back "she wanted me to come to our hometown to help her look her for something but then something happened" he said "how" I asked with tears in my eyes "I don't know" he said.

I looked at the ground "Nico you need to come with me" he said "I don't need to go anywhere with you" I said walking past him "if you don't you'll have social workers knocking at by tomorrow morning" "oh so going with you is better you haven't even talked to mom in years I'm sure there's a long a list of people who she would want me to go with and I think you are at the bottom of list" I said going upstairs "listen to me Nico" he said grabbing my wrist "WHAT" I yelled "I get that I haven't talked to your mom in while but who would she would she rather put you with me or your cheater of a father" he said "DON'T TALK ABOUT MY DAD LIKE THAT" I yelled angrily "what are you going to do your just a beta" he said.

He was looking at me in the eyes. I looked at the mirror we had by the stairs they were glowing "i might be a beta but let's both admit I'm just as strong you and I don't have to listen to you" I said throwing him off me.

"Don't you want to find out what happened to her" he said. I stopped walking "so what I'm just going to pack all my stuff and leave" I said facing him "just till we find out what killed her" he said. I crossed my arms "I do but what am I going to do after" I asked "the person who killed her will be in jail and you can leave right after" he said.

"Fine" I sighed "pack your bags I'll be in car" he says before walking out the door. I went my room and put a like a two months worth of clothes in my duffle bag . I put my Jean jacket and shoes on and went outside. I put my stuff in the truck then got in the car. Was I looking forward to this no but I want to figure out who killed my mom and I'll do whatever it takes even if it means killing someone.

Time skip

We made our way to Beacon hills. It was drizzling out and I hated rain. We got to this burnt down house "is this your house" I asked "what's left of it" uncle Derek said "ok" I mumbled. We got out the car and went inside. The whole place was burnt down how could someone live here "do you expect to live in here" I asked "that's up to you" he said "oh well then if that's the case I'm going to a motel" I said walking out the door.

I got my duffel out the trunk and stared walking "so you even know where your going" he asked "yeah I do I saw one on the way here" I said counting to walk .

Another time skip

I checked into my room. I couldn't believe I was actually doing this actually here. I know I'm only doing it to find out what happened to my mom but it still feels odd. And I have to start a whole new school practically a whole new life. That my mom isn't in. I don't hate Uncle Derek it's just it feels like he abandoned my mom. But I know deep down he's the only family I got and we need to stick together.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth then laid down. I feel like I'm not going to sleep for a while.