Chapter 1: The Mysterious Invite

Ash: It sure is a nice day today!

Iris: The world is at peace again!

Clemont: It sure is!

Sonic: You said it, Clemont!

Amy: Hi, Sonic! Omochao, Big, Serena, May, Max, Dawn, and I are having a picnic.

Max: Want to join us?

Big: 🤨 What was that small noise?

Ash: Hearing the word "picnic" has gotten me hungry.

Iris: Nothing fills your stomach, Ash. You're such a little kid.

Sonic: Anyway. Knuckles, Tails, Ash, Pikachu, Clemont, Iris, and I got these weird invitations to meet somebody at the beach for some kind of race, but I've always got time for a chili dog!

Bonnie: Wow! You got invitations for a race?

Amy: A race? Hmm. We didn't get any invitations.

Dodon Pa: Ho ho ho ho. Hello to you all. I am Dodon Pa. I'm glad to see you accepted the honor of my invitation. Are you ready to prove to me that you're the fastest?

Clemont: "Fastest" is Sonic's middle name!

Tails: But what's this race all about? Your invitation was skinny on details.

Dodon Pa: Oh, details are quite unimportant, especially to those of limited intellectual capacities. All you need to know is that you'll race as teams in the most advanced cars that my super science can create, testing your limits on my punishing track.

Serena: That's a bit vague.

Amy: And, ignoring that "limited intellectual capacities" crack, all this "super science" and "punishing track" talk sounds suspiciously Team Egg Rocket-esque.

Iris: You may be right, Amy.

Knuckles: I just met this guy and I already don't trust him.

Pikachu: I wanna see this race and super cars.

Sonic: Pikachu's right! You guys will be safe as long as I'm around!

Dodon Pa: A wise choice, fellas. Join me in my spaceship and we'll go to Planet Wisp, where the first race awaits.

Ash: Planet Wisp!

Clemont: Me, Ash, Serena, and Bonnie haven't been there since when we went to Eggman and Team Rocket's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park.

Bonnie: Can we go back there? Pretty please!

Sonic: Sure!

Big: That sounds like fun! Can I go in your spaceship?

Dodon Pa: Why not? A large feline such as yourself would be an asset in any race.

Omochao: If you're going, Big, then Amy, Serena, May, Max, Dawn, and I will go with you too.

Dawn: Yeah! Once we start the race, we'll have no need to worry!

Big: I'm feeling a little bit worried.

Tails: Don't worry, Big! Team Sonic will have Team Rose to race against.

Ash: Let's get going! I call shotgun!

Pikachu: Let's go!