Peace (CHAPTER 31)

............................................................

(NARRATOR'S POV) Two months later. The L'manburg was repaired somehow and thankfully, Dream SMP and L'manburg were in peace. L'manburg got back it's independence, it was limited though. Some new people joined the SMP, Callahan and Ranboo. Dream was the one who found Ranboo actually. Since Dream is the only one who can enter the End, he found Ranboo wandering all around the End. He was tall, even taller than Dream himself, half Enderman, and to Dream's surprise, Ranboo knew the human language. He brought the tall boy to the overworld eventually. Dream wanted him to join the Dream SMP side, since he was curious about Ranboo. But Ranboo chose L'manburg unfortunately. He quickly blended in with L'manburgians and they all accepted him. Tommy wasn't causing any trouble, which was good. Techno...He managed to hurt George once, during the coronation, thankfully Dream and others protected him from getting killed. Techno was wanted in L'manburg and went back to his old life with Philza after his father killed Wilbur, his own son. Speaking of Wilbur, he was back. As a ghost of course. He had memory issues and couldn't remember much.

When he first came to the sight, everyone freaked out, but they soon realized that he wasn't the same Wilbur. He wasn't the one they all knew. He was different, maybe because of the memory loss. But it was good anyway. Everything was going fine on the sever, everything was peaceful once again. Just like Dream always wanted. His wish finally came true, everyone was recovering from those events, slowly getting closer and closer to each other, opening up to each other. Drista visited them from time to time and her and Tommy would start pranking everyone again, but they weren't crossing the boundaries so Dream was fine with it. Ah yes, Y/n. Well, she was mad at Dream for what he has done during the war, it took him a while to make it up to her. But they ended up together anyway. They were spending a lot more time together, since all conflicts were over and they didn't have to worry about anything else. Right now, Dream was waiting for certain someone to return. It has been long since she left. He missed her. He heard someone's footsteps, his ears peeking up at the sound as he lifted up his head, excited to meet the person he missed so much. He saw familiar red and black pirate hat with a white feather atop it, white, slightly curly hair, the exact same green eyes, just like his, a smile plastered on her face as she climbed the prime path.

"My duckling!" She squealed as she opened her arms for a hug. He silently ran up to her, jumping for a hug, he wrapped his arms tightly around her, but not that tight to make it hurt. "Hello my little Dreamling..."
"Puffy..." He mumbled, just enjoying the moment, melting against the hug. He really missed her. Puffy was like his mother, he'd call her mother sometimes. She finally returned from her long journey which started a year ago after he founded the SMP. He felt her ruffle his golden hair, chuckling at the way he hummed softly.
"How have you been?" She pulled away from the hug.

"Pretty good, but are you tired? You probably need rest, it has been a long trip, isn't it?" She nodded, smiling a little. She was tired but she had to visit Tubbo first. And as if Dream read her thoughts, he spoke up again. "Tubbo will be here soon." They had a small chat, she was telling him about her pirate adventures and treasures when Tubbo ran up to them, panting a little. He was wearing his president uniform.
"Tubbo!" They both exchanged hugs as Dream watched them. He was always on guard when it came to Puffy. Because, he always felt a strong urge to protect his mother figure, it was like his duty. Tubbo was a lot younger than Dream, so he still had to be protected himself. Dream offered her to stay in his house till her house gets cleaned. And thankfully, Puffy accepted the request. She'd stay in the guest room for now. Tubbo knew that Dream would never do something that would hurt Puffy so he didn't mind.

When they got there, Y/n was at home, so Dream had to introduce her to Puffy. Oh yeah, they were official by now. Puffy immediately liked Y/n, she could sense that the young girl was a good person. They both quickly started telling each other stories about Dream,  Puffy about Dream when he was younger, and Y/n about what Puffy missed during her trip. Dream wasn't really happy to hear stories about himself, he was flustered knowing that some of them were a bit... embarrassing, so he quickly thought of an excuse to run away. He told them that he had to teach Sapnap some bow basics and to his surprise, Puffy dismissed him really quickly. Well it wasn't that difficult as it seemed. He left the house and decided to take a stroll all over the SMP. It was honestly nice to see everything back to what it used to be. He chuckled softly under his cracked mask which was now repaired, but the crack was still visible, as he watched L'manburgians having a small picnic under the shadows of tropical trees and walked away.

It made him remember something. The picnic. He promised Y/n back then. He yet had to ask who she wanted to invite since he let her to decide. Maybe even Puffy will join them. He huffed slightly, pressing his back against the tree, sliding down and looking up. He needed to think about good place to have a picnic. It has to be safe and beautiful. Of course he immediately thought of his and Y/n's special spot near the lake but it wasn't an option. He would never let them find his secret spot. Never. He sat there for several minutes and got up, dusting off his pants and continuing his walk with new goal.

Y/n on the other hand, was now laughing her ass off.
"D-did he really eat a c-cat poop?"
"Yeah! They were playing truth or dare, and Sapnap dared him to eat it!" This sent the girl to another fit of giggles.
"Oh my god..." She took a deep breath, calming herself. They both were having a great time, it was nice to know more about his past, since he never really spoke about it himself.
"Has he ever told you about his alligator story?"
"No?" Y/n tilted her head a little.
"Hmm, it was when Tubbo was building his tropical house. He wasn't aware of alligators near the large rivers, so when he went to get some water, he was attacked by one of them. Thankfully Dream was wandering around, so he heard Tubbo's screams and quickly came to help. He managed to free Tubbo from it's grip and cut off it's head. Poor Tubbo was crying, he still has a large scar on his left leg from it's teeth." Y/n sat there, dumbfounded.

"He saved Tubbo? I- wow, that's- I'm glad he managed to save Tubbo, but was Dream hurt?"
"Surprisingly, no. He even helped Tubbo to finish his house since he was scared after that." That's...And they were the enemies, your honour. Well, not exactly since Dream never had anything against Tubbo, he was a lot nicer than Tommy. They were literally like brothers but the war distanced them from each other, it was sad. Tubbo before all this began, looked up at Dream, he wanted to become just like him. But after founding L'manburg... Everything went downhill. But even now there was still some kind of bond between them, it was faint, almost invisible but it was there. And both didn't want that bond to disappear. Hopefully it won't change.

O̵̷̪̰ͩ͆ͅr̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ ẅ̷̷̢̟͇͈̒i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟ḻ̸ͧ͑̓̓̀͡ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡ i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟t̴͕͖͓̀?

............................................................

A/n: yeah, yeah I know. The chapter is short, sorry.