1 - The Transfer

"You promised you would come back.."

Light blue eyes, as beautiful as the sky. Matching blue hair strands falling over his forehead escaping from the gel used to slick his hair back. His lips were pale, a faint shine on them due to the light reflecting off his chapstick. His lips, the perfect shape to compliment his well defined face. Reki stared in amazement at the man infront of him, he stared for a little longer then he should have.

"-with Agent Kyan," the captain finished, turning his gaze to Reki, "Agent Kyan? Did you hear me?"

The voice of his captain calling his name snapped him back to reality. Shit, he didn't hear the introduction. "I'm sorry, Captain, what did you say?" Reki murmured trying not to stutter under Langa's and his captains gaze.

"Your new partner is Agent Hasegawa." Fuck. He had to work with him? Everyday? He could already tell he would get distracted. "I think that about settles the meeting, you're all excused. Get back to work," the captain smiled turning back to his office.

"Get back to work my ass," Miya scoffs getting up to introduce himself to Langa. "Hi! I'm Agent Chinen, but please call me Miya."

Reki turned back to his computer ignoring the talking in the room as everyone greeted Langa.  He clicked through his case files trying to distract himself from the noise.

"What are you doing?" His could have swore he stopped breathing. Langa was leaning down next to him looking at his computer, their cheeks inches apart.

"I'm just looking for what to work on," Reki stumbled on his words, pulling himself up out of his seat quickly. "And I found one! I should really get going," He half smiled turning to speed walk out of the room.

"Wait!" Langa grabbed Reki's wrist before Reki could get any farther. Langa laughed awkwardly tilting his head, "We're partners now... Shouldn't we go together?"

Fuck. Reki had forgotten they were partners. "Right... Do you wanna drive or should I?" Reki tired to avoid Langa's eyes, his gaze basically drilling into Reki's face.

"I can if you want, but you haven't told me were we're going."

The two made it semi-safely to their destination. Reki laughing the whole way as Langa wasn't familiar with Okinawa's roads. He tried to get in on the wrong side, accidently sitting in the passengers seat instead of the drivers seat, not to mention he drove on the wrong side of the road.

"So.. What are we doing here?" Langa looked around the semi-vacant parking lot. A few cars and trucks were parked in seperate areas of the parking lot.

"Theres been a chain of explosion murders going around. The murder has been fucking with the police for a while now..." Reki looked around, this is the place where the last explosion happened, killing two kids and an adult. Reki's hands clenched into a fist, his hands shaking.

"So why are we her-" Langa cut off when he turned to Reki. The man was shaking. "Hey, are you okay?" He murmured taking a step in Reki's direction, debating if he should try to comfort him.

Reki let out a long sigh, closing his eyes for a few seconds before walking in the opposite direction, Langa trailing close behind him. "This is where the last explosion happened." Reki stared at the ground of the parking lot, black lines left behind by the explosions. Two white outlines of bodies.

"They were just kids.." Langa stared, the sizes of the outlines taking him by surprise. One of the bodies looked like a teenager, maybe 15. The other one was smaller, a little kid.

The two walked around the scene, examining it and discussing the details surrounding it.

"God.. Finally," Langa smiled as Reki pulled into the restraunt parking lot, the two deciding to go out for dinner after a long day.

Reki smiled, the long day went by quickly with Langa's company. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he craved more of Langa's company.

The two sat at a table, Reki's regular table. It was slightly secluded from the rest of the customers, far enough away for them to have conversations without people hearing them.

The two laughed, making jokes and talking about their life. The conversations reminding Reki of something familiar... Now he couldn't unsee it.

The way Langa's cheeks turned red when he laughed, his smile almost identical to the person who sat in that seat before him.

The way he brushed his blue hair back, reminding him too much of how he used to brush his hair back.

Reki stared at all the similarities Langa had, looking for connections. He stared at every part of Langa's face, analyzing it, making himself familiar with the details he had seen on someone else before.

Someone he loved.

"Reki?" Langa looked up trailing off as Reki didn't respond to his jokes. His eyes widened as he noticed Reki's eyes, both of them glossed over, tears threatening to spill out. "Reki, are you okay?"

The feeling of a cold hand on his pulled Reki out of his thoughts. "What?" He pulled his hand out from under Langa's, wiping his eyes with his sleeves.

"Are you okay?" Langa repeated himself, his cheeks puffed out with worry. Reki dragged his eyes up to Langa's, debating if he should tell him.

"Nothing, you just remind me a lot of someone." Reki half-heartedly smiled.

"Someone good I hope," Langa joked in attempt to get a laugh out of Reki.

"The best person I've ever met," Reki looked down at the food. He felt Langa shift in his seat.

"Then why are you crying.. Who were they?"

"My old partner."