"so you're caleb?"

CONTENT WARNING(S):
> mild violence

———

The sun shined through the thin curtains of Ian's bedroom, the light bouncing off of him and his husband. Mickey was intertwined in his arms, his head resting on Ian's chest.

"Mornin'" Ian muttered as he ran his hand through Mickey's short hair.

"Morning." Mickey shifted his position to plant a soft kiss on his husband's lips. "You hungry?"

"Yeah, actually. Wanna go to Patsy's?" Ian asked. The dark haired boy agreed and they both got dressed to head down to the local diner.

The walk to Patsy's from the Gallagher house wasn't too far and it's not like either of them had a car to use as a form of transportation, so the pair set off down the street, hand in hand. It wasn't very often that the two showed affection to one another in public, especially considering the South Side wasn't exactly known for it's gay-friendly environment. Ian and Mickey got onto the Main Street and could see the Patsy's sign slightly in the distance. They continued down the sidewalk until a familiar voice stopped Ian in his tracks. He turned around to see his ex-boyfriend.

"Caleb?" Ian questioned as the man walked closer towards him.

"Hey, Ian, how have you been?" He asked casually, smiling up at the boy.

"Uh, hey." Mickey turned to look at his husband who was now as red as a tomato. The three stood in awkward silence for a couple seconds before Caleb re-initiated the small talk.

"So, who's this with you?" Caleb stared at Mickey as though he was looking him up and down and judging him, which of course Mickey didn't like.

"Why the fuck do you wanna know, huh?" Mickey snapped. Ian squeezed the latter's hand in an attempt to calm him down.

"Jesus, man, just asking." Caleb put his arms up in a defenceless way and averted his gaze back to Ian.

"Uh, this is my husband... Mickey" Ian replied. Did he sound timid?

"Fuck, you actually married this dude?" Caleb asked followed by a chuckle. Ian looked at his husband and could tell he was about to go all 'Milkovich' on this poor sucker.

"Who the fuck are you?" Mickey was pissed. Actually, pissed may be an understatement. Mickey was absolutely furious. Who the fuck does this guy think he is?

"Mick, hey, it's okay" Ian reassured him. "And you, Caleb, just leave, man."

"Fucking happily. Call me when dickhead here is back in prison" Caleb said with a wink. That was definitely the tipping point for Mickey. Without any thought to it, Mickey threw a punch right in Caleb's direction, his fist hitting him right in the nose. "Jesus fucking Christ, what the hell?" Caleb yelled as he held his hand over his bleeding nose.

"You think that's bad, huh? Talk to my husband like that again and I can fucking guarantee you that you'll see worse, ass-wipe" Mickey spat before storming off down the street.

Caleb stood in shock staring at Ian as though he was expecting an apology on part of his husband.

"Yeah, I married him, Caleb. And it was the best fucking decision I ever made" Ian said before running after his husband, leaving Caleb standing in the street with a broken nose and a shattered ego.

———

A/N: Hi! Thanks for reading this (short) book of oneshots so far. I promise I'll try get more regular updates out from now on. I've been rewatching the show for like the 100th time and I genuinely forgot how angry Caleb's character makes me. Maybe I'm biased because I'm such a Gallavich stan, but damn, I hate that guy...

Also, if you have any requests or ideas for future oneshots, let me know in the comments! If can be anything from fluff to smut, I'm not fussy:)