15

Y/ns pov
I look down in my lap to see the last number badge we needed! Even though he can be slightly irritating he sure is useful when he wants to be, now I should wait for Ponzu to return to tell her the good news that we did it! Well we had some help but we mostly did it. Now all that's left is to sleep, find Leorio, give him what's owed and make our way west back to the boat that'll take us to phase five, the last and final phase, supposedly a difficult one at that.  I took a short nap awaiting Ponzu's arrival. It was actually very peaceful until I felt her presence near by, I sprung to my feet since there's no time to waste, after tomorrow we only have two days and we are extremely far from the boat. "Y/n like I said we aren't leaving until-" she immediately goes silent as I hold up the three number badges, both of us combined now have 15 points In total, we have to be super careful not to have any of these stolen or lost or else we're done for! "But how! You're amazing Y/n!" She chimes as she pulls me into a hug, "it wasn't all me I had some help" I chuckle a response "Oh? By who?" She asks pulling away, I look down at my dirty combat style black boots "Um well... it was Hisoka.." I respond not wanting to make eye contact, I'm sure she's mad.
"As long as you're safe, but be careful everyone says he's dangerous" she warns me as she pulls away to grab her bag. "Actually.. I don't think he's that bad, yes he can be rash at time but we all can" I respond as we start walking towards the west, "Y/n you must be joking, I understand you like him and all but he turned a guys arms into flower petals and almost killed your friends" she argues, "He also spared my life as I was his number badge target! He also saved us a lot of trouble and got us this badge so without his help we probably wouldn't have gotten this far" I go off on her before storming ahead, I shouldn't have snapped at her but she could have been nicer to the person who's helping her pass this exam. Whatever I should just think about finding Leorio and returning what we owe.
My train of thought crashed when I sense Leorios presence maybe two kilometres away! Though it's getting late.. No! I can't take a break now we're so close yet so far! If I just get this over with then I can finally rest up.
"Y/n.. let's stop and rest I can tell you're running out of steam" Ponzu suggests with a now sincere and guilt ridden tone, I can tell she's sorry for what she said. I'm not mad though. "But I sense him maybe thirty minutes walking distance west! We can get him just let's keep going" I urge her with a yawn that the end, "But by where the moon is in the sky it's around 3 or 4 in the morning, you should really just rest for a little bit, that special ability and your wound are wearing you, please for both of our sake let's just rest for the night and find him in the morning surely he won't go to far and I'm sure my bees could find him if he did move." She responds trying to convince me and if I'm honest, I do want to rest, I am tired and locating Leorio is taking more and more of my strength.. She's right, I should rest. I should stop being so stubborn for once. If I'm not in good shape and die Hisoka would be disappointed which bothers me significantly for some reason. "Fine let's take a break until dawn but, once I see that sun rising I'm leaving to find Leorio and I'll be dragging your ass with me." I joke around we a sigh of relief as I lay down next to a tree as she lays down by the across from me, her eyes don't close though, I'm assuming she's looking out for me while I slept, I appreciate her concern.. it's comforting in a way.. knowing someone cares that much for you, I've never really felt that from anyone other then my grandfather. "Y/n I know you're awake go to sleep" she urges with a slight hint of jokingly tone in her voice. I don't answer just simply redirect my stare to above me into the night sky stars as my eyelids start to grow heavy then eventually close.

Ponzu's pov
Finally she's asleep, I was starting to get worried. She can be so reckless but it shows she cares enough, I know I can trust her. Her friend on the other hand I'm not so sure, Hisoka may be nice to her but I won't let my guard down around him.
Oh Y/ns shivering, I guess it can be cold when you're only wearing a blouse during this brisk early morning wind. I stand up and take off my hoodie, placing it carefully over her shivering body, it seems to be working as she goes back to normal shortly after I put it on, that's good. I don't want her to walk up and want to start walking again, she needs rest, she may not realize him but she still is human and even the strong humans need rest. She hates showing weakness but I can tell it eats away at her sometimes, if she's suffering by any means.. I hope she'll talk to me and actually allow me to help her without me having to force or convince her. Maybe spending time with Hisoka or Kurapika or whoever those other people are will loosen her up a bit, I would myself but I have to go back home after the exam, sadly.. though I'm sure I'll see her again very soon after this is all done. "Don't you forget me once we kick this exams ass, you got that" I whisper with a slight chuckle as I go back to where I was up against the tree, mornings almost here, let's home Y/n starts feeling better soon. Phase five is almost upon us.