Wishing For A Tomorrow

And in the end, I will seek you out amongst the stars. 

The space dust of me will whisper, "I love you" into the infinity of the universe...

..................... ........................... ............................

General Kanawut was lost in thought. His legs dangling from over the hilltop while his eyes fixed somewhere far away. 
His face was blank as usual but his mind was in chaos. Even the strong wind wasn't able to waver him from his thoughts anymore. Thoughts that were killing him from inside. Destroying his soul, leaving his body in ash.
He was in pain. And the worst part was he knew that he can't do anything to end this pain. There was no solution. There never was from the very beginning. Except for some wishful thinking and useless dreams that will never come true.
After tomorrow night, it all will be over. He won't have to be in turmoil anymore. Tomorrow that man will vow his life to his county. Promise to protect this country forever. From tomorrow he won't be his prince anymore. He will be the king.
And Gulf decided tomorrow he will quit his job. There were many kinds of pain he can suffer. The long healed marks and old wounds on his body were proof of that. The living proof of many battles he fought and won.

But this time, he lost. He lost this battle. And he got the scar that will never fade again.

"So you are here!"
The general didn't flinch when two arms wrapped around his neck from behind. He was familiar with this touch. He can recognize it even in his sleep.

His eyes fell on the brown pair. His eyes shining in the dark just like the stars above their head.
"If I didn't know any better I would've said you are trying to hide from me. Is this how you treat your prince, general?"

The fake glare and the small pout on that face make him smile as he finally turned towards Mew, the soon to be king of this whole country, and engulfed him in his arms.
"Forgive me, my Prince. I have done the unthinkable. Punish me however you see fit."

"Hmmm.." He seems to be deep in thought.  "Ok, I will forgive you if you embraced me now and connect those lips of yours with mine for a kiss. How does that sound?"

"As usual, darling. Your punishments are always my favorite." He didn't waste any more minutes. His hands slowly wrap around Mew's waist bringing him closer to his body, pressing their lips together trying to forget the pending decision ahead.

"From tomorrow I will have to call you a king." Gulf parted their lips for a brief moment looking at the smiling prince in his arms.

"Yes. But we both know that it will still be you who is my king. Just like you were from the beginning."

A smile appeared on Gulf's lips but didn't quite reach his eyes. "You will be the greatest king out there. I'm sure of it." And out of his reach. Aways from him.

The brown eyed man smiled before resting his head on his beloved firm chest. "I don't want to be the greatest king. I would rather stay as your prince."

Gulf Kanawut was grateful that Mew wasn't looking at his face. Otherwise, he would've found out the dilemma written clearly in all over his features.
"Darling..." He whispered after sometime. 

The man didn't move only snuggled closer. The soft wind floating his air around.
"Darling.." he called again making the prince finally look up.

"Let me sleep."

The childish scowl on his face made the general smile instantly but the darkness soon took over his face and that man must've noticed it too as he sat up parting their bodies. His eyes were full of questions as he looked at the general. Who was looking at him but without the usual smile he always has on his face. There was no smile. There was cloud. Dark cloud. The announcement of an upcoming storm. His heart twisted at the thought. He was afraid of what was coming ahead. Mew was very afraid.