Chapter 1: A $400 Experience That I'll Never Forget

"Mom!! Come here, now! I have something to show you!" I yelled to my mom from all the way upstairs, and she was downstairs. I'm just a normal 16 year old teenage girl, fantasizing over a boy band. An awesome boy band if I say so myself.

"What is it, Aubrey?" my mom asked me. I point to the computer screen, that sits right on top of my desk, in my room full of One Direction posters.

"See! There's going to be a concert here in Richford! There are tickets available for $400! That's really cheep! You know what's even better? It's FRONT ROW!!!" I stood up and looked her in the eyes. "Can I please go, Mom? You know it's all I ever wanted!!"

She thought it over for what seemed like 10 eternities when she finally said, "Only if you pay for it by yourself." My mom walked out of the room while saying, "I'm not going to waste my money on some stupid concert."

I groaned, "But Mom, it's the only thing I want for my birthday this year. Just please. It's all I want. I will do whatever you want me too. It's just this one time." My birthday was in one month. It was the same as Harry's birthday, February 1. 

"I'll think about it," that's the last thing she said before she went downstairs.

I sigh and lie down on my queen-sized bed.

1 month later 

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank--" 

My mom cut me off. "Hunny, if you keep saying thank you you're not going to go to this concert." This shut me up. "Remember, we're not this rich family. This is the one and only time I will let you ever do something like this. You will come home RIGHT AFTER THE CONCERT. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Do you hear me?" I nod my head violently, but don't care about that right now. I'M GOING TO A ONE DIRECTION CONCERT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! 

"Okay. Just, be careful. Okay? And if you need anything just call me." My mom was being really weird right now. Normally she doesn't care if I go places.. I guess she changed.

I arrived 3 hours early so I wouldn't get caught up in the traffic. But, when I got inside, turns out lots of people were here also. I guess they didn't want to get caught up in the middle either.

I looked to my right and saw a familiar face. It was my old best friend Jenny!  I can't believe she's here! The last time I saw her was 3 years ago when she moved to a different city. I wonder why she's here? 

I walk over towards Jenny when I see she's in short shorts and a strapless shirt. Boy, she's really changed. She used to hate short-shorts and strapless shirts. As I get closer, I realize she's wearing makeup and is flipping her hair. What's happened to the old Jenny? It's like she's a total different person now. 

"Hi, Jenny!" I say to her as I approach her. She looks me up and down and sneers. What's up with her? 

"Do I know you? And how do you know my name?" She says to me sarcastically while rolling her eyes.

"You don't remember me? You know...Aubrey. I used to be your best friend..." I trailed off. "3 years ago when you lived here.

"Umm. Sorry, but I don't remember you. Now, goodbye! Sorry." She said to me while walking away. She didn't sound too sorry. What a b*tch! Well, I shouldn't let this get me down. I am at a 1D concert!!!

EEEK! HE JUST WINKED AT ME!!! NIALL HORAN JUST WINKED AT ME!!!! This can't be happening!!  It just so happened that when they were singing my ABSOLUTE ALL TIME FAVORITE SONG EVER, HE WINKED AT ME!!!! I'm in heaven!! 

I sing along to the catchy song, "She's not afraid of scary movies

She likes the way we kiss in the dark