The First Year

The year is 201X.

Since King Asgore's death, the Underground's future was in uncertainty. Meer days had passed since the fallen kingdom fell into turmoil until the inevitability of a revolution came into terms. Papyrus had taken heir to the throne! A renowned military coup led by the Royal Guard successfully infiltrated New Home. The leader of the coup, Undyne's initial plan was to lead the people forward to liberty, as she took Queen Toriel hostage, and the citizens--notorious for their greediness--under a ransom. She promised to take from the rich and give to the poor. No longer would the citizens of the Underground conform to wretched authority.

"We did it, Papyrus! After all these years, we run the Underground," Undyne exclaimed.

"You told me you would legitimize this city. What have you become?" Papyrus answered.

"It's too late for me, Paps. Get out of here. This isn't your fight."

"Sorry, Undyne, *gun cocks* but I made a promise, and that promise can't be usurped by an insurmountable force, no matter who's doing it. Even if they're the leader of the coup we've been formulating for nearly a decade."

"Well in that case, let's show them what a pair of Royal Guardsmen can do."

"The force was YOU, UNDYNE!"

Undyne was shot seconds later. The formation's original plan to establish an oligarchy run by the highest ranked authoritarians of the Royal Guard was utterly forgotten. Papyrus ironically usurped position, and took over as pseudo-chancellor.

In the process of converting all food to resemble a plate of spaghetti, King Papyrus had accidentally abolished the Underground's former mixed-market economy fueled on capitalism's innovation. The Underground was thus ruled by a ruthless dictator who established true communism amongst the federations; Ruins, Snowdin, Waterfall, Hotland, CORE, and New Home. The economy was in turmoil.