Trapped

On the way home, you reach in your skirt pocket on your way home and pull out your phone. You were happy to be alone, because it meant you could truly check it, your stats. It was the one thing you weren't entirely honest about with everyone about.

You didn't exactly belong to this world. You were just an ordinary girl from an ordinary world. You hated your life, and used video games to escape it. Unfortunately, you went to try a new game, a mystery one you just happened to find on your bed one morning, and haven't figured out how to log out since then. You didn't even know it's name, and yet you didn't care to find out, and have to actually leave this world.

Either way, you didn't let this stop you from the game. You had a family in the game who cared about you, and you were able to see Japan, the land of your dreams. The story plot was really open, but who cared if you were able to feel free, right? Life felt brand new, and all of a sudden, you were free.

"Strength and power is still unusually high, and stamina is running low. I should eat something soon. Spirit is still the same and IQ went up, probably because of school. Level is now-"

"What are you talking about?"

You start to freak out. You didn't think any of the CPUs were supposed to be here. "I-It's nothing! I was just reading something on my phone!"

You quickly put your phone away and look up, seeing a boy from your class earlier, standing front in front of you. "What are you playing? Player stats like those seem kind of familiar to me somehow."

Shit, you thought. I don't think these characters are supposed to know. If they are aware the the truth in the world, then what could happen?

"Are you okay? I guess I was only imagining it, but I guess I didn't find another."

You were confused. "Another? Another what?"

Kenma pulled out his phone. You can see the same stats bars you phone showed, just with different numbers, and many of his were higher than yours. "You can see this right? If so, I finally found you, and we need to talk."

>-♡-♡-♡-<

"Thanks for agreeing to talk to me. I'm sure you are a little confused, but let me explain."

Kenma had brought you back to his place. He got you some food and invited you to sit in his living room with him.

"You are a player too, right?" he asked, stating the big thing.

"I-I-I don't know what you are talking about-"

"If you saw my stats when I showed you my phone, then you are. A CPU would just see a black screen. Don't worry, I'm a player too, so you don't have to worry about hiding it from me."

You sighed in relief before noticing what he said. "Wait...I'm not the only one?"

Kenma shook his head. "I know at least two others, both here in Japan. I didn't expect to find another so close, honestly."

You smiled. You weren't entirely alone here. At least you knew someone who you could talk to about it, and who you could ask for actual help if needed.

"Our goal is to get back out of this game. Of us three, our in game missions have led to us both joining volleyball, so I have a feeling that has something to do with it. You have any sort of special skill that can help us out?"

You thought for a moment. "I like it here, but I'm sure eventually I might want to go home again. I am pretty good at understanding game mechanics. The way games work is pretty much natural to me. Maybe that might come in handy?"

"Perfect. For volleyball, one of the other real players and I have a practice match coming up in a few weeks. Want me to see if I can make up some excuse for you to come?"

"That would be great. It's really reassuring to know I'm not the only one."

"Also, the guest room is right there. You don't automatically get a place to stay, so if you need a place to stay, my door is open, ok?"

You thank him and go to the room he mentioned. Inside, there weren't many clothes, but he soon knocked on the door with a pair of what you assumed were his shorts and a large Nekoma High hoodie in hand.

"Feel free to borrow something. It's definitely hard getting started here in a world that doesn't even exist."