Without A Scratch

As Jack wished his son a farewell, he shot the orb at the ceiling and watched as rubble came crashing down on Steve's head. Steve had raised his arms almost as if he had hoped it would stop it, but of course, it had no effect. As the rubble all fell, Neos, Sub, Ava, and Grimmus all began to rush over to help get it off of him while Mace and Jack both watched on in amusement. In the middle of helping to dig his brother out of the debris, Neos turned to face Jack as his face became consumed with anger and sadness with tears slowly forming in his eyes.

Neos: Why? Why would you do this? We're your family... We're your own children... How can you be willing to do this?

Jack: What children?

Neos sat in a puddle of heartbreak as he took in the statement that his father had just made.

Neos: W-w-what?

Jack: Understand something, Neos... Being possessed by Herobrine was a very dark experience, that much is for certain... With that being said though, it opened my eyes in a lot of ways... As a matter of fact.. it showed me that family is nothing but an anchor keeping you down... You and Steve.. are no exception...

Jack then turned to face Mace who almost had a look of complete and utter joy at the sight of what had just happened.

Jack: Who the hell are you, dimples?

Mace: Excuse me?! How dare you talk to me that way when I'm the one who freed you?!

Jack: Wait, you're the one who's responsible for helping to free me?

Mace: Why, yes I am.

Jack: Oh, my deepest apologies, sir! I should've thought of that! Well, then how does this sound? I want to pay you back for such a generous favor!

Mace: Really? How's that?

Jack: Why, it's simple! I'll make it quick...

As Jack could finish his statement, he began to drain the very life out of Mace just as he did so many people before, leaving the others to be able to do nothing but watch as they remained helpless. Jack continued to drain Mace until their was nothing left but a lifeless corpse which would simply fall down onto the ground upon completion. Jack would then begin making his way towards the exit as the group continued to stare him down the whole way which caused him to stare back for a moment.

Jack: You know, it's not very polite to stare... No matter, though... Luckily for all of you, I have other matters to attend to...

Neos: Like what?

Jack: Taking back the kingdom that I never gave up...

After the final word escaped his mouth, they all continued to watch as Jack slowly made his way up the staircase until he was no longer in sight. Once he was out of sight, they all continued to dig through the debris that buried Steve until Neos noticed a hand poking out.

Neos: Wait, guys, we almost have him out, keep going!

Per Neos' demand, the group continued to dig until they finally had enough of Steve's body exposed to pull him out. As Neos grabbed his brother's arm, though, he was greeted with a vision which sent him jumping backwards as the group became worried.

Sub: Woah, Neos, are you okay?

Neos: Oh, y-yeah... I just got a bit jumpy, that's all...

Neos joined back with the group as they continued to attempt to free Steve from this concrete prison that he was confined in, but Neos continued to think about what he had just seen in his mind.

Neos: What even was that? It wasn't a circle, that's for sure.. but at the same time, it was... It had to lines on the bottom and everything, though... Better yet, why was it red? Eh, it's probably nothing...

They continued the process further until they had finally managed to pull Steve out from all of the debris, but they were shocked at what they saw further. When they pulled him out, his body was unharmed and showed no sign of wielding even the slightest amount of pain. This realization sent shock throughout the group, for they were clueless as to how Steve could've taken a blow like that only to come out unscathed. Neos would then pack an unconscious Steven on his back, and they would begin to rush back to the lab in hopes of being able to prepare for things to come. After a few hours, Steve had finally woken up only to realize that he was in the same living quarters as he and Jackson slept in during their first trip to Universe Orion. As Steve slowly got up, he was quickly reminded of all that had happened which sent a fresh wave of fear and panic all throughout his body. He began to make his way out of his room only to be stopped by a worried Ava.

Ava: Hey, where are you going?

Steve: What are you talking about? I have to go find my father.

Ava: No, please, you can't go...

Steve: What? Why not?

Ava: Steve, don't you remember what happened? You had a ceiling dropped on you... I was worried that you were a goner, we all were! Not only were we worried, but now, we're all confused because when we pulled you out of all the rubble, you didn't have a scratch on you! Have you not noticed that you're walking around completely pain free? I just... I'm worried about you Steve, and I know how you are with this type of stuff... You're gonna end up trying to go after Jack again and ignore the fact that he nearly killed you last time... Please... I am begging you to stay...

Steve: I... I can't...

Ava: Wait... Why not?

Steve: Ava, look... I love you, ok... I have loved you since the day that we first met, but Terra is our home. If we want to have anymore time together, we have to stop him because if we don't.. then there may not be a home to go back to... I'm sorry, but nothing can stop me from going...

Neos: Well, if nothing can stop you from going, you're at the very least not going alone...