𝚝𝚎𝚗 : 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚔𝚗𝚒𝚏𝚎

𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙶𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶 | 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙 𝚒𝚏 𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 |

𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝙸𝚃 𝙻𝙾𝙾𝙺𝚂 𝚂𝙰𝙳 - 𝙲𝚁𝙴𝙰𝚃𝚄𝚁𝙴

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"𝒊 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐

𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 '𝒆𝒎

𝒊 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒚

𝒊 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒂𝒚 '𝒆𝒎 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆."

MERCEDES WAS ROTTING

MERCEDES WAS ROTTING. The guilt, the agony, the regret, they were all eating her inside out. The pain was sinking, creeping, and festering down to her bones. The kind of pain that hollows your soul, the pain that devours your lucidity, and it follows where ever you go like a hound that you feed. She cannot escape it, no matter how hard she tried.

Ada Shelby has lost her child is what the letter states. The two of them were close friends, they kept each other company during the times Freddie Thorne was in hiding. One can say they were sisters from different mothers. That's how close they were, and she knew by heart that Ada needs her.

She didn't have any second thoughts, with a heavy heart, she quickly made her way back to Alfie's distillery. Mercy needs a car to go to Small Heath, a travel using boat will at least take four days and she wouldn't risk that long period of time. She needs to be with Ada as soon as possible.

Mercy was running down the streets barefoot, even the coat was left hanging on the coat rack. She didn't know whether she locked the door or not, but it does not matter anymore. Her stomach was twisted into a knot, the feeling of guilt settled in its pit. I shouldn't have left Ada's side, I fucking knew that her pregnancy has complications.

The sky was dark gray and gloomy as if it was sympathizing with the loss of her friend. By the time she reached the distillery, most of the workers were heading to their own homes and families.

"Ms. de Silva? What are ya doin here? Are ya cryin?" young Noah asked when he noticed the panic-stricken woman inside the distillery. It seemed like she didn't notice him as she kept on running until she reached Alfie's office.