10

"Hey, Subaru."

He looked at her with his heart hurting so badly. She looked very confused

"Is something wrong?" He quickly shook his head.

'Liar.' A little voice said inside him, but he ignored it.

"No, it's nothing." He said. "Why don't you go back to your other friends?"

"Subaru, why would I go there and leave my best friend? Is there something wrong? What did I do?"

"Y-You didn't do anything, everything's fine."

"Then why do you keep on pushing me away Subaru? I'm here now, I'm not with them anymore. I-I know I did something wrong." She sighed.

The truth is, she didn't do anything wrong but Subaru was avoiding her.

This feeling he has, keeps on getting stronger. It made him go crazy everytime he thinks of her. He wants her to be his, and she is the only thing he wants.

But he can't do that, he'd be selfish. Yes, a lot of times he wants to get what he wants, but not this time. He doesn't want to be selfish to her.

"You didn't do anything, it's just that I feel that I'm keeping you away from what you want.

"I know you want to be popular somehow, and now this is your chance to be. You're good in sports and that's what they dig in." He finished.

She stayed silent. "So now you're letting me go?"

He couldn't answer that right away. He didn't want to and at the same he had to.

"Yeah, I'm letting you go." He answered regretfully.

It hurt him as much as it hurt her. The pain flashed in her eyes that made Subaru wish that she'd try to make amends again like many other times, just so he can easily take back his words.

But no, not this time. "Bye then."

She quickly walked away from him. Subaru just watch her walk away, not even moving.

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry." He mumbled sadly. The pain in his heart now overcame the strong feeling he had.

-----

And that is what happened when they were middle school.

Sorry for not posting for awhile, I was busy with my upcoming new story

Although I wouldn't be saying what is called and who's going to be in it, maybe in the epilogue

-KT