Chapter 16 - Devastated

"Cooper your parents are downstairs" says Antonio holding the phone to his ear.

It was the next morning and Jay and I had gone to work at sent Jax to school with the intention of dealing with the situation when we got home.

"They are?"

"Yeah and Platt says you need to hurry up and get your ass down there before they start to make a scene" he tells me.

I look at Jay for some reassurance but he looks just as reluctant as me

"Come with me?" I ask him "i think i know what they are going to say"

He nodds and follows me down the stairs.

We can hear my mothers voice even before we reach the bottom of the staircase, she's having a go at Platt about letting me work here.

"Mother shall we talk in here" I say motioning to the side office.

She gives Platt a dirty look before following me and Jay into the office

"I spoke with your brother on the phone this morning and he has made it quite clear he wants to live with you" she says rummaging for something in her bag

"So I have decided to respect the wishes of my son and let him stay with you for the foreseeable future" she pulled out a load of papers from her bag.

"These are papers that say you will be his Legal guardian" she tells us shoving them into Jays arms.

"And I do not wish to hear from you again" she turns to leave.

"Oh and you can forget about your father and I coming to your wedding as we don't want to be associated people like you" and with that she flung open the door and stormed out.

"Bay are you OK?" Says Jay placing a hand on my shoulder.

I'm far from ok and fighting back tears

"She practically just disowned me" I whisper

Jay pulls me into his chest and embraces me

"We don't need them" he tells me softly

"But the wedding...."

"I know you wanted them to come"

"Of course I wanted them to come they're my parents even if the do hate me"

"We'll figure something out I'm sure" he tells me running his hand up and down my back

"We always do"

_________________________________________

OK so updates should be a bit more regular now as I have finished school.
(Pipadoodle I'm going to miss seeing you every day)

Please remember to vote and comment on my story feed back is always appreciated :)