18: 𝗃𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗒, 𝗃𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗒.

❥❥❥

𝗑𝗏𝗂𝗂𝗂. 𝗃𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗒, 𝗃𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗒.

"Chester Ainsworth is a walking red flag."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

He knew that the two were together, but why did he have such a strong desire for the girl with (h/c) hair who wears the same coloured tie as him? He knew that she already has her heart set on someone else, but why does he long for the position of him having her heart instead?

Y/n Cordelia Lovewright — one of the most popular girls in Hogwarts.

It was no surprise that he managed to gain feelings for her, who wouldn't? The entire school basically worships the ground she walks on. She was amazing — she always finds a way to put others before her, she would drop everything just to help someone, and despite her famous background, she never lets her fame get in the way of things. Although she wasn't at all perfect and still had her flaws, he never stopped liking her one bit.

His heart beats out of his chest when she offers to walk to classes with him, he can feel the blood rushing to his cheeks when she laughs at one of his pathetic jokes, he gets all flustered and nervous when she's in the same room as him — and unfortunately for him, Blaise, Daphne, and Draco have all caught on to his strange behaviour and have warned him to not get in the way of Y/n's relationship with the beloved Chosen One.

Harry James Potter — even the sound of his name was bitter to him.

It was no secret that the two boys started off on the wrong foot — with him flirting and grinding with Y/n at the Wedding and Harry coming over to threaten him: "If I see you put your hand on her again, I'll hex you into the next year, got that?" He remembers Harry saying to him before dragging Y/n over to the bathroom and doing God knows what.

And that was the beginning of his hatred for the younger boy. Yes, he may act like a total sweetheart towards him, but that was only because Y/n is there and he would never want her to see the completely different side of him. So, when she's not around, his attitude changes towards the Gryffindor boy. The kind smile plastered on his face shifts into a sneer as he looks at Harry. His harmless jokes turn into harmful insults. He goes from being a good-hearted person to a cold-hearted bastard with a personality that could probably rival Draco Malfoy's.

How come Harry could have her all to himself? He questions whenever the lovestruck couple is within sight. Though their sickeningly loving actions towards one another made him want to lock himself in a bathroom and throw up his lunch, his deepest desire was to replace him.

Merlin, he sounds like a boy version of Ginny Weasley when she was in her younger years. Now he definitely knows how she felt; watching the person you have feelings for fall in love with someone who you wish to be.

He had found out what the youngest Weasley had done to break their friendship up, and he must say that it was quite a pathetic way to break the two apart.

As he was about to get even deeper into his daily thoughts, a familiar Gryffindor girl with curly hair had come into view, holding what seemed like a bubbling, pink-coloured potion stored in a heart-shaped vial.

"I got what you needed," Romilda Vane said, sliding the potion over to him across the desk. "That's the last one I have so you better make good use of it."

Chester rolled his eyes at her younger girl as he slipped the vial into his bag carefully. "Trust me, I have the perfect plan, Vane."

Guess he could say that history sorta repeats itself.