25

ADRIAN'S POV

(Sorry about the time skip, Ik some people dislike them, but it's kinda necessary to move the story along <3)

*Also a tw for some parent issues*

A little over a month of being official with Amar passes, and I haven't been happier. Yes, I still sit with Adam and Carson no matter how much I wish I didn't, but I'm doing it to keep Amar safe.  Thankfully I haven't had to see them outside of school.

3rd quarter just ended, it feels so surreal. I have one quarter left of being in high school then I actually have to adult. Probably won't be much different except I'll actually need to get a job and pay for my own things. 4th quarter, Amar and I have very few classes so, of course we spend our free periods with each other, studying or studying. We also spend our weekends together, whether that be at my house when my parents are off on business trips or we go out of town on proper dates, where we actually can act like a couple.

After school I collapse onto my bed, without sparring my parents a glance when I passed them in the living room.

"Adrian!" My moms voice calls from downstairs. Interrupting me from trying to take a nap after school.

I pull myself from my bed and walk downstairs.

"Yes mother?" I ask as I sit at one of the stools at the island she was standing at.

She looks at me annoyed,"I just got your progress report." She states crossing her arms,"You really got a B in math Adrian?"

I gulp,"Uh- yes ma'am." I state nervously, I really am not up to get in another fight with her today.

"How? You've had all A's all high school and now you've brought your 4.0 average down!"

What does she expect me to say, I can't do anything about it.

I shrug,"S-sorry?" It comes out as more of a question.

"Adrian! You need to do better! If you want to get into law school you actually need to try!" She exclaims, her face tinted red.

"Mom I am trying! I don't even want to go to stupid law school!" I raise my voice, feeling annoyed at her constant complaining at my lack of perfection.

"Don't you dare use that tone with me young man! I am your mother!" She warns.

I wish you weren't is what I wanted to say. My  lips curve down into a frown.

"Mom- mother I don't know what you want me to do about it!"

"You are such an entitled brat! We give you everything! And you repay us by sitting in your room all day and being with friends all weekend! You never want to see us anymore!" She cries out, putting all of the blame on me.

I've had it,"Maybe because you're never home! Or maybe it's because every time we do talk all it leads to is you insulting me!" I yell, my voice filled with venom.

I regret the words as soon as they leave my mouth. I don't feel bad about the words I spat at her, I'm scared for what's about to happen to me. I'm in for it now.

She walks over to the my side of the island and flicks my forehead,"You are acting just like your sister! Has the devil taken refuge in your mind too?" She screeches, sounding like nails in a chalk board. I cringe at the sound of her voice.

Then the words hit me. Like a truck.

I fall speechless.

Here she goes talking about Alec again.