Part 56

Dear diary,
As Klaus kissed me in the barn I wondered if this was our life from now on. Horses and paintings and sweet kisses. Klaus gently pulled away. "I have something important to ask you" I softly said. "Sorry to interrupt" Elijah coughed as he stood behind Klaus his hands at his side. "We must leave" he sternly said before turning to exit the barn. Klaus turned to follow his brother but quickly turned back, taking my hand in his. He leaned over kissing my hand. "I love you Grace Petrova Silas Mikaelson" he said letting go of my hand. He smiled as he walked away. "I love you too Niklaus Mikaelson" I whispered with a smile. A part of me knew I would love Klaus for eternity, though we were not soulmates our love was true. As I turned back to the horses I could hear Georgina whisper "you should tell him". I looked to my side to see my sister. Always in the same outfit. Her black raven hair was looped in a tight bun. "You love him... do you not?" She asked me. "I truly do" I smiled looking down at the floor of the barn. "Then go to him... go to the Mansfield" she encouraged me. "Why are you acting this way?" I asked her. She placed her hand on my shoulder. "Well my dear sister I may envy you, but you do deserve happiness. I see the way that Klaus Mikaelson looks at you. His heart belongs to only you" she smiled. "Alright I'll go" I promised her as I  looked back over, but she was gone. She wasn't like the others I could only see her when she wanted to be seen. I turned back to Buttercup and Nightwin. Nightwin walked over to me. I gave him a little pet before he bowed down allowing me to ride him. He wanted to take me to the Mansfield. Once I sat on his back he fully stood up. I grabbed hold of his black hair as he ran forward. As he ran I closed my eyes feeling the wind on my face. The wind strongly blew undoing my hair. As we road on I hope Nightwin knew the way to the Mansfield because I did not. He slowly stopped in front of a large house. I twisted my legs to one side of Nightwin before sliding off his back. "Please stay I'll be back soon" I told him. Taking a deep breath before turning towards the house. As I walked I noticed a puddle on the ground as I looked into it I saw my face was muddy and there was twigs in my hair. I giggled. I found it funny that I could care less about my complexion. I walked up to the brick fence peaking my head over, searching for Elijah and Klaus. I noticed them taking to a group of beautifully groomed ladies. I looked down at my rugged attire. How could I compete with them? When no one was looking I quietly hopped the fence. I took a deep breath as time slowed. I walked over to Klaus who stood frozen. I grabbed his shoulder. "Grace what are you doing here?" Klaus asked me as he awoke his eyebrows rising. "Don't worry I'll be a little blip in their memories" I said referring to the slow moving guests. "Besides I came to see your dance, I couldn't possibly miss it" I chuckled letting go of Klaus's shoulder. "If Elijah sees you here" Klaus began. "Then you better dance fast" I smiled cutting him off. He rolled his eyes walking pasted me. Picking a stick from my hair as he past. "Watch closely because this is the only one you'll even see" he smiled showing his sharp white teeth. As he dance I wondered who had taught him such moves. It was different then anything I had ever seen before. As Klaus finished dance he stood up straight. "Don't you dare laugh" he angrily said pointing a finger at me. "Wouldn't dream of it" I laughed. "I told you not to laugh" he said running over to me picking me up from the ground. Which made my laugher heavier. He slowly placed me down. My feet touching the grass. Klaus lifted my chin up with his two fingers. "You can't possibly dance better then me" Klaus smiled his face growing closer. "I bet I can" I said with a bit of sass. "Tonight we will see" Klaus said. "Save me a spot on your dance card" he smiled. "Maybe I will" I smiled back. "Your nose" Klaus quickly said grabbing a cloth from his jacket and handing it to me. As I lifted the cloth to my nose I saw blood. My nose was bleeding. "That's my cue to leave" I sighed. "I'll see you tonight" I said I ran back towards to fence hopping over, time resuming. I walked back over to Nightwin. My nose had stopped bleeding. As I continued to walk to Nightwin I saw a shadow behind me. I quickly turned. A man dressed in all black came running towards me knife in hand. I grabbed his hand with the knife flipping him to the ground. He landed on hard on his back his head bleeding from the fall. "Who are you?" I yelled holding his hand with the knife to his own throat. "My mission" he croaked. "Is to kill the immortal child" he spit as he brought his other hand to my abdomen stabbing me with something sharp and rigid. I feel backwards as Nightwin cried. I felt for the foreign object but it had disappeared. It had been absorb into my body. I coughed as blood ran from my lips. I needed to get home. I turned away from the man and began to crawl towards Nightwin. The man grabbed my ankle forcing me down. My body hit the ground. I could feel my body growing weak. The man turned me over, my back hitting the ground. Every breath I took felt like razor blades. He sat beside me. "Safe journeys to were you belong" he said lifting his knife up aiming for my heart. Then he paused. Moving his hands to my face dropping his knife on the grass beside me. "A golden tear" he said in shock as he ran his finger under my eye. As he lifted my tear from my face his eyes turned golden. I crawled backwards. What was happening? As he opened his mouth light shot out as did a scream. As his body disintegrated to golden ash. I gasped. What in the world. I had no time for questions as I scrambled to my feet running towards Nightwin. I hopped on his back. "Nightwin home" I hold him as blood now dripped from my eyes. As Nightwin stood I caught a glimpse of the Mansfield party. They were being attacked. But by who? Elijah gaze meet mine. "I'm sorry" I whispered to him before Nightwin turned, running home.