New Journey

It was the start of a new school year and Freia greeted it with her new eyeglasses, however it was rather less modern than the products being sold on the other side of the world, the human world. About two decades late, she estimated.

        At the previous town they, with Naero, once passed by, Freia was aroused with interest. Never she saw a mobile phone. There were no ball-point pens which Freia was looking for, only quill pens with a bottle of ink. Freia doesn't know when the ball-point pens were publicly manufactured but the thought of having only quill pens, dancing quill pens actually, to be used gave her a clue that the technology is a bit of late in this world and not merely of two decades. She unsatisfyingly bought the quill pen and went to school.

        Freia looked at her watch just to know that she was late.

        "And it's still the first day and here I am trying to catch the train!" screamed Freia on her mind.

        It was already 7:14 in the morning when the old professor in red, Chanipa, told her to introduce herself. She looked at the chairs but they were empty. Confusedly, she asked, "But there's no one inside". She thought maybe she got the time wrong and they went ahead to the next class resulting to her looking at her watch but there was nothing wrong. It was when some voices laughed when she realized there was something no, some people inside.

        "Just how low is your level." a mocking voice took her attention.

        "I'm a zero." she looked at where the voice was coming but she saw nothing but an empty chair.

        "A zero?!" someone was trying to reach her in a discriminating tone. 

        "Prof, did she get lost, perhaps?" hoped the other one.

        "And it's really troublesome to keep a long-lasting magic while studying..." said someone as she appeared on Freia's eyes, much of her surprise. 

        Eyes widen, the people being reflected on her eyes were increasing one by one. The panicking Freia was left speechless not because of the appearances of her classmates but due to the increasing opacity of the glittering mists being mixed. Some were light colored like blue, red, green and their combinations but there were also ill-natured like black and blood. The smell of these mixtures made her faint like a chloroform. 

        Some minutes later, Freia found herself surrounded with green mist. A girl, her classmate as she guessed, was emitting it. 

        "Prof, she woke up." said the healing girl as she stood and left Freia dazing at the luxurious ceiling. 

        "Freia, you could sit anywhere you like now, everyone can be seen by you." said Professor Chanipa. Like the professor said, she picked where she liked it and it happened to be the farthest chair near the window. It was after she sat when she felt there was something soft that touched her skirt and beyond, obviously this made Freia shudder.

        "You've got some nerve." said a bossy voice out of nowhere. There was still someone who wasn't appearing on her eyes. 

        "Kaie, my dear, you should appear on her eyes." said Professor Chanipa in a monotonous way.

        "It is my choice whether I should or not." said the invisible student. 

        "And do you even know where she is sitting?" she added. 

        "On Seind's hand!" she swore and went hysterical which Freia finally saw. 

        "Whose hand? Your hand?" she pointed at the man with white hair and red eyes, bemused.