𝚘𝚗𝚎

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇TW: Blood

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇
TW: Blood

The rain poured down intensely that night, anyone walking on the streets without an umbrella would definitely get soaked.

Fortunate enough for Son Hyeju, she had an umbrella ready in her small backpack just for situations like this.

She put on her earpiece and listened to music as she walked down the street. Her phone vibrated from the message she had received.

Jiwoo Unnie 11:28pm
HYEJU WHY ARE YOU NOT BACK YET????

Jiwoo Unnie 11:31pm
SON HYEJU, PLEASE COME BACK QUICKLY THE RAIN IS GETTING HEAVIER!! T_T

Jiwoo Unnie 11:34pm
WHY ARE YOU NOT REPLYING??? PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY BACK...

"Geez why is she so worried, it's not like i'm going to stay outside for long when it's raining this heavy." she said, before putting her phone in her pocket.

The rain gets heavier and heavier as she walked down the street. The dorm isn't quite far away from where she was.

As she walked down the street with the rain pouring heavily, she stopped right in front of Han river.

The girl was stunned. She couldn't move a muscle after what she had seen. After all, it's her first time seeing something like that.

She saw a man laying down on the wet ground, with his lower body covered in blood.

"S-sir....? Can you hear me...?" the girl spoke as she trembled in fear. After trying to get response from the unconscious man, she tried to calm herself down.

With trembling hands, she dialled '119' on her phone to call for an ambulance.

"H-hello..? Th-there's someone unconcious near an intersection at Han River, please come quickly!" she panicked.

But before she could say anything else, she saw a man emerging from behind a tree, carrying a knife that's covered in blood.

Hyeju knew that if she stayed longer, the situation could've gotten worse. Without hesitation, she threw the umbrella towards him before running for her dear life.

She ran as fast as she could, occasionally looking behind her to see the man chasing after her. She reached a busy road with loads of cars and continued running across the road, without looking.

Before the man could run after the girl, a car hit her. Hyeju was sent flying before crashing on the ground, lifeless as blood pooled around her body.

Cars stopped, one of the people who witnessed the accident quickly called the emergency number as some of them went to check on Hyeju.

While everyone was distracted by that, the man took the advantage to escape so he could avoid suspicions. He was carrying a bloody knife in his hand anyway.

Watching the accident was Park Chaewon, an angel just minding her own business. "Another day, another soul is being taken back up there" she said as she closed her eyes.

When she was about to leave, she heard a girl's voice crying for help. It caught her attention because she never experienced something like that in her life before.

"Please help me... i don't want to die yet..." the voice said in a weakened tone. Chaewon was baffled. But she finally realized that the voice was coming from the dying girl.

The angel moved closer to the girl and saw that her eyes were slightly open as she slowly loses her consciousness.

Siren from the ambulance could be heard approaching, Chaewon looked upwards to see the grim reaper approaching as well.

Hyeju's soul looked around for one last time before flying off to the sky with the grim reaper. Before they reached the gate of afterlife, someone grabbed Hyeju's hand. It was Chaewon.

"Park Chaewon, what do you think you're doing?" the grim reaper asked in disbelief. "I'm not letting you take her, not yet. She still has a long way to go in her life." she replied.

"And what makes you think that you have the authority to interfere with my job?" he asked firmly. Chaewon looked at Hyeju and looked at the grim reaper.

"I don't care about your authority. All that i care about is her. Give her another chance, please." she begged. "If you want to receive a punishment then go on ahead and take her, i've done my job so it's on you for interfering my duty, and her fate." he replied before flying off.

Chaewon spread her beautiful white wings, as she descended down to earth with Hyeju in her arms.

All of a sudden, Chaewon felt a sharp pain on her left wing. She turned to look as it turned black. "This...must be my punishment..." she thought as her eyes began to tear up.

When they finally reached the ground, the ambulance were only about to take Hyeju's body inside. "This is where we part ways, get back inside your body." the angel said as she took a step back.

"Thank you....and i'm sorry that you were given a punishment..." Hyeju said with a pitiful look. Chaewon could only smile, even though her eyes were teary.

"Forget about me....and go on with your life...This will be our first and last meeting." the angel said before flying off.

Hyeju looked as the angel disappeared in the night sky filled with stars. "I'll remember you...after all you're an angel.." she said before losing her consciousness.