Chapter 1 | The Gas Station

" "

The song played throughout the Challenger 2, relaxing pretty much everyone, something that everyone needed. We were constantly being ambushed on the highway by bandits, and it didn't help that we were were low on both fuel and ammunition. We took turns on our shifts, Simo and I for about 8 hours, then Luis and Aaron, the other boys for 8 hours. According to the map, there was suppose to be a truck stop near the road were we prayed, was some kind of fuel and ammunition. Also, I think I should introduce myself. Fred is the name. And the tank? It's nicknamed "We Reply" because well, we reply. It's an Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank, armed with a 120mm gun. The biggest threat we have come across was a car full of thugs. We just hope to fear God we don't come across anything worse. Soon, we arrive at the station. It seems completely deserted, which was strange. I checked the RIID.
1.0 Gy. It's pretty high, but won't kill us, I think.

"Right, Simo, wake up Luis and Aaron and get ready. Let's see if we can find any fuel."
I grab my FN FAL, and see Simo grab a trench shotgun, his mask already on. I put my own one on and open the hatch, my rifle going out first. It is clear, and we exit completely walking towards the station. We checked for booby traps and found none, so we then began giving directions to Aaron to begin pumping.

"Simo, please answer me truthfully, why on earth do you stick with that shotgun?" Luis asked.
"We'll, I mean we are IN a fallout and there could be mutations y'know-"
"For God's sake, why did you have to play so much Stalker back then?" Luis asked.
"You never know what could happen-"
"Simo! That thing has 4 rounds. 4! You can't do shit with that" I yelled back
Everyone just laughed at Simo who tried to justify his use of the weapon.
"Alright look guys, if we ever stumble apon another shotgun, it immedietly goes to Simo" Aaron said.
We all agreed, filled up both the tank and all of our Jerrycans in case we don't find another fuel stop. As we finished up, and we're getting back in the tank, we froze.

"Don't move scoundrel, or I'll blow ye head off"