𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢

𝕾𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖗'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

I jumped out of the airplane and almost tripped out of excitement. I'm here, I'm finally here. London. My dream place to go to. And now I'm here, for school, to live here. I cant believe this. I'm thrilled.
I go straight to the security scan, taking my phone and laptop out, removing my shoes, and then I step through. To my advantage, the machine didn't beep, so I quickly grabbed my stuff and headed for the luggage claim area. Unfortunately, the bags were taking a very long time to come through, and about 10 minutes later they finally did.
My bag was one of the first ones to come through so I grabbed it and headed for the pickup area. When I walked through the entrance, the cold breeze of London wind hit my face like a slap. To be fair, I was expecting that, which is exactly why I loved every moment of it. Before I came here for school I lived in Orlando, Florida. How boring, am I right? Literally every single person in the world hates Florida, and trust me, I'm no different.
I came to London for a fresh start, and to work on achieving my dreams, of course. America is so basic and boring, I just couldn't deal with it anymore and I decided to look for schools in Europe instead. The lazy ass I am, I didn't want to learn another language, so not many countries were available. That's when I stumbled across the Passion Academy in London, England. They teach theatre, drama and film acting which is everything I am looking for. What they also teach is dancing and singing, which are two things that I absolutely loved doing back in the US. This Academy is all I'm looking for, they even provide apartments, breakfast, lunches, and dinners. Practically everything. And if you're studying as a major in another college, they even have a library for you to use. It's literally perfect.

My thoughts were interrupted as someone shouted my name.
"Summer Lee! Summer Lee! Anyone? Summer Lee?" A woman to my right said. You could hear her accent from a mile away, it was stunning.
"Yes ma'am, I am Summer Lee," I said as I smiled in her direction. She smiled back.
"Nice to meet you, dear, now come on, don't want to miss the introduction!" She said as she rushes me to her car. "Introduction?" I question, as I am slightly confused.
"For the new students, of course,"
Yes, I told her about the school, because how else is she supposed to drive me where I want? Look, I know it sounds creepy and everything but my mom knows her from a while back which is why we contacted her. My mom would never allow her 16-year-old daughter to be in a stranger's car on the other side of the world where she can't do anything to help if something goes wrong.

𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗

We drove for about one hour and made small talk on the way. She asked me how I liked London so far, from looking out the window. We exchanged stories about each other and I actually really like this woman.
"I'll make sure to call you next time I need a ride!" I say kindly as I step out of the car with my luggage.
"Aw, I'd love to! See you, darling," she said with her gorgeous accent, then drove off.

I turned around to face the school. It was extraordinary, even bigger and better than it looked in the pictures I saw. It looked almost like Hogwarts to me, but I mean, I'm American, of course it does. I bet it just looks natural to brits.

(𝕯𝖎𝖘𝖈𝖑𝖆𝖐𝖒𝖊𝖗: this is a picture of a school that I am using in the story. Passion Academy does not actually exist in England. Well, not that I know of.)

"Good morning, my dear," an older woman said as she approached me, snapping me out of my thoughts

"Good morning, my dear," an older woman said as she approached me, snapping me out of my thoughts. She had thick black hair that was shoulder length and was very short-looking. "What is your name?" she was smiling. I'm not sure if it's fake or real.
"I'm Summer Lee," I say, returning her smile. "Nice to meet you, Ms?"
"Carol Florence is my name," she answered.
"Well, then it's very nice to meet you, Ms. Florence," I really want to make a good impression in this school.
"You too, dear," she really doesn't drop that smile. "You're new here, I'm guessing," she says, laughing. "What program are you here for?"
"I'm here for the Performing Arts program." I answer.
"All of them?" she questions. "Yes, all of them, Ms," I say, chuckling in-between words out of nervousness.
"I'm impressed, young lady!" she says, patting my back while walking with me up to the front lobby of the school.

"This is our front, and main entrance. Although you will be using a different one when you head to your classes in the morning, because the dorms are at the other end of the campus," she says, gesturing me to take a look around.
I take a few moments to take in the beauty of it all. I can't believe I'm finally here. This is so exciting.

"Hi there!" A girl comes running up to us.
"No running in the hall, Ms. Millie!" Ms. Florence says to the girl.
"Sorry, Ms. Florence, I'm sorry, I just saw a new student and my first instinct is to, obviously, say hello," Millie says smiling at me.
"Well, alright then, this is Ms. Summer Lee," Ms. Cole says as I extend my hand out for her to shake.
"Nice to meet you, Summer! I'm Millie," Millie says, shaking my hand gladly.
"I think you two darlings will be the nicest of friends," Ms. Florence says.
"I hope so!" Millie responds. She looks so excited.
"Now, Ms. Millie, since you're here, would you mind showing Ms. Summer here, around?" Ms. Florence says, walking away without a response.
"I just have to tell you, you look absolutely gorgeous," I say to Millie.
"You're so sweet! You look marvellous yourself!" she looks like a joyful person. I can't wait to get to know her better.

𝖆𝖓 𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗

Ms. Florence showed me to my dorm and luckily, me and Millie share it. The dorm is quite big if you want me to be honest. There's a kitchen, a small living room, two bathrooms and a shared bedroom. Our bedroom looks like this:

Millie had the left side of the room and I had the right

Millie had the left side of the room and I had the right. We also have different aesthetics so her side of the room was a softish brown colour and my side of the room was a sage green colour. Straight out of Pinterest, lol.

You know, I think I'll like being here :)