Sunday, April 3rd, 1994

Every single time I get a new journal, I feel like I can't write in it. The pages are too crisp, too white, too innocent.  I don't want to ruin anything with the crazy ramblings of my life. But I can't just not do it because I know I'll lose my mind if I don't at least try to reflect on the events of my days. It's either that or scream at the world -- and I know by personal experience that screaming doesn't fulfill anything for me. But the pages stare back at me, almost daring me to leave them blank, to keep them empty of my musings, of my drawings, of my rants.

Still, here I am, writing in this new journal, even if it pains my soul. I shouldn't even be writing in this one yet since I haven't finished up with my other journal yet. But I knew Mom was going shopping today, so I added one little thing to her grocery list: a simple notebook. Surprisingly, she didn't notice the different handwriting on her list, so she came home with this notebook for me. 

I don't want to write too much on this page because I'm still writing in my other diary. This diary will hopefully detail my senior year of high school -- the last bit of prison I have until I am finally free. I can't wait until then. Hopefully, I'll survive and then fly away from this small town and never to return.

- Orchid, April 3rd, 1994

---

Looking back at this little notebook -- the only notebook I kept from my teenage years -- I realize a lot of things. One, that I thought I knew everything about the world. Two, that I knew everything about life itself. Three, that I knew what love meant. The thing is, I knew nothing about anything. I was like a little baby facing things I didn't know how to handle, and I faced it in some of the worst ways possible.

But I also realize that I needed those events to make me who I am today. If I didn't have any of this stuff that I write about in this journal happen to me, then I wouldn't be here right now, reminiscing about being eighteen. Everything made me who I am today. Maybe it didn't make me a stronger or better person, but I couldn't have gotten to where I am today without younger me. I don't even know why I'm writing in this journal or why I've kept it. All I know is that it's still with me after all these years.

I'm running out of room now, but I just want to say one thing to younger me: you made it out of this little town. You survived. And I love you.

- Orchid, many years later

P.S. I couldn't help myself -- I paperclipped two pictures, one of me, and one of the boy who saved my life. I also added some songs that reminded me of my life before now. Hopefully, they'll inspire me to reach out and find who I was back then. Hopefully, they'll remind me of everything I left behind.

 Hopefully, they'll remind me of everything I left behind

nicer by katelyn tarver

jealousy, jealousy by olivia rodrigo

to love someone else by avery lynch

teenage diary by lexi jayde

what could be by vacation manor

debbie downer by lolo feat. maggie lindemann

popular girl, typical boy by powfu feat. sleep.ing

cool by landon austin

prom dress by mxmtoon

wish came true by kj apa

mirrors by justin timberlake

heart of mine by the driver era

like the 90s by here at last

cigarettes by zachary knowles

don't forget about me by night traveler

stay the night by lost stars

she's so cool by jadn

hopeless romantic by nightbreakers

who do you think you are by ava kolker

give me a kiss by crash adams

whenever you call by doublecamp

high school love by daniel leggs

dirt on your dress by brooks the boy

i can love anyone (as long as it's you) by anson seabra

confident by tyler shaw and sacha

don't go wasting time by new hope club

only human by jonas brothers

someone by ewan mainwood

tonight by zayn

the cool kid by chris james

get in the way by glades

come back to me by keith urban

uptown girl by billy joel

 fight! by ellise

past life by morgan st jean

faking it by kay cook

out of my league by lany

dancin' away with my heart by lady a

until i met you by coby james

human diary by danielle bradbury

cross your mind by role model

pockets by peach tree rascals

on purpose by ni/co

ruthless by james arthur

when we were young by hollow coves

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Are You Afraid of the Dark

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Are You Afraid of the Dark. I only own Orchid and her story.