traced (yuta nct)

i loved times like these.
his head was in my lap, eyes closed softly, as if to whisper, "im still here, m/n, just resting." the soft hum of the tv played as a soundtrack to the cozy afternoon, words flying through my head when i focused hard enough. the grown-out hair normally on his forehead now strewn out and every feature of his face relaxed. just looking at him made my eyes grow heavier with a sickly curse of comfort. beautiful, was all that would emerge from the brain fog. beautiful.

without thinking, my finger went out to his browbone, gliding across the line as softly as i could. he didnt even flinch, and it made me smile. i reached his temple, going down to his cheekbone and following to his lips, until i found myself uncurling my fingers and cupping his cheek, my thumb caressing his soft skin. i wanted to say so much, like, "you're so beautiful" or "i love you" , but even the thought of breaking the silence made my teeth wire shut.

"m/n?" he said, words thick and relaxed, almost asking you to melt into them. id always wanted to ask him to read me to sleep sometime, just because of how nice it all sounds. i could listen to him talk all day and night for the rest of my days. his eyes were still closed. i hummed.

"i love you."

"i love you too, yuta." and i saw a grin flash on his face, before he fully relaxed in my lap.

"good night."

an: hey!! ik this is really short, but i hope it kinda shows how i write/ what vibe this book may have. i hope you liked it:)