you need to leave

pete was having a rough time with his mom and their relationship wasn't the best at the moment so you let him stay for a couple days until he was able to get his own place. you thought it would be a good idea, you've known him for forever but you guys weren't that close but i guess you both were close enough to let him live with you.
the first couple days were fine. he was nice and cleaned up after himself and even made dinner. but lately he's been messing up, bad. he's messy, isn't looking for apartments, brings random women over, etc. you were honestly getting tired of it.
you walked into your apartment and seen pete slumped over the couch. you sigh and walk up to him, shaking him slightly. his mouth is slightly open and he's snoring lightly. "pete!" you scream and he half wakes up. "hmm..?" he hums. "what did you take?" you ask him. "a xanny." you roll your eyes and step away from the couch. "un-fucking believable." you murmur and he's quickly back to sleep.
you were planning on having a guy friend come over but you can't. not with pete like this. it's embarrassing and you're pretty sure he's going to ask a lot of questions. you sigh and walk upstairs to your room to go to bed.
you wake up to the smell of breakfast and you walk downstairs and see pete in the kitchen by the stove. "good morning." he smiles. "morning." you respond. "sorry about last night." you sit down and drink from his cup of coffee. "you say that every morning." you tell him and he nods in agreement. " i know." he mumbles. "i can't keep dealing with that, pete. i have a life too. i feel like i'm taking care of a toddler." you feel bad for saying this but it's the truth. "y/n i'm really sorry." he says and sits next to you, grabbing your hand. "pete i need you to leave." his eyes go slightly wide. "i don't have any where else to go." he tells you. "well you can't stay here. you're bringing random women in the house, you're always on something, you're not even trying to find a place." you say annoyed and he nods slowly, "i didn't know it bothered you all like that, i can change some things."
"i don't know.." you sigh and move your hand away from his, rubbing your face. "no, pete." you finish. "i didn't even know you all that well and i allowed you to come and stay and this is what you repay me with." you finally say and sigh. "i promise i'm not like this." he says. you chuckle and shake your head, standing up. "you're only saying that because you need a place to stay."
      "y/n, no. it really not like this. especially with bringing women over. i never did anything with them. we would just chill. i-i thought it would make you jealous?" he says more like a question. "jealous? jealous of what?" you furrow your eyebrows as he shrugs. "i don't know. i'm stupid." he sighs. "i just like you. a lot actually. i always have." you look at him. "are you telling me this because you need somewhere to stay." you cross your arms. "of course not. i'm being serious." he stands close to you and starts to lean in slowly and your heart starts to beat super fast. you've always had a thing for pete. you always thought it was a small crush but you always thought that maybe it was something more.
          your lips connect and he takes his hand and grabs the back of your head, pushing you closer to him and you smile against his lips. "me and my mom are on good terms now. i just wanted to still stay here." he laughs. "stay as long as you want." you blush.