•13•

I should have known he's an A-class jerk.

I stormed out of the school and waited outside not knowing what to do...

The cold breeze blew past me flowing through my dress giving me chills up my spine and arms. Tears rolled down my cheek.

It felt stupid to cry, but I caught feelings for a boy. A dumb boy who obviously didn't care about me...

I started to walk back home because you didn't have any money for a cab. Tears fell from my eyes as I walked.

I walked on the sidewalk thinking about Tom and reminisced the dates we had, the little things he did.

~~~

How he played with my hands and traced my jawline when we cuddled.

How he made me a playlist of all my favourite songs so I could listen to them when we drove together.

He would bring me my favourite food sometimes in the middle of the night just to make my next day was a little better.

I remembered taking him shopping and how he said he hated it but secretly loved shopping with me. Picking out outfits for each other and goofing around watching me model the clothes he picked out for me.

How he would message me in the morning or night telling me how he missed me.

~~~

The more I thought about it the more I hated myself for getting involved with Tom. It was too good to be true. It was doomed from the start.

I knew it would never work out and yet here I was heartbroken and lonely. My first high school heartbreak. Pathetic.

"Emery" I whipped my head at the sound of my name puzzled?! I turned my body now facing Tom.

The scent of his cologne filled my nose. He was standing only inches away from my face. I turned red. As he stared into my eyes.

Oh, how you wanted to crash my lips together and taste him, feel his touch again. I missed everything about him. It's only been 30 minutes... Get it together Emery...

I took a step back from Tom and swallowed hard not knowing what to say. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing was coming out. I felt stuck. Crap.

"Hey what's wrong why'd you leave?" Tom asked, I took another breath, he was still lying? He was lying straight to my face, he was looking at me with his stupid 'innocent' eyes. I couldn't stand it.

I felt like I was exploding! Hell, I did explode!

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME! YOU JERK!!" Tom's face dropped when I started yelling at him. I scoffed and started to walk away from him kicking some pebbles on the sidewalk.

"Whoa whoa wait..." Tom caught up with me again.

"What? Where is this coming from we just had a blast at the dance? No?" Tom said in confusion. I huffed and stopped in my tracks and crossed my arms.

"Ya know what's really funny!" I laughed a little puzzling Tom even more than he already was... Tom stood in front of me staying quiet waiting for me to continue.

"I thought you were a good guy, I thought you were different than all the other high school boys in our dumb school" I waved my arms around as I talked while managing a calm tone surprising me a little.

"What- what are you talking about?" Tom said

"I didn't even know why you like me? It makes no sense NO ONE in this horrible school would willing like me!" You yelled