Sukuna x (Fem) Reader Angst - I'd Make You My Queen

He watched through bitter eyes as the boy held you gently in his hand, a hand that wasn't his own ran through your hair, the other one tapping softly on the side of your arm.

He cursed internally and forgot the boy could hear it too, and he sensed the body tense, questions running through his mind.

"What?" Itadori snapped and Sukuna stayed silent. It seemed as though you sensed his unease as well because you turned around, eyebrow raised, eyes squinting as you looked at his face.

"You good? Do you want me to move?" Itadori quickly shook his head, pulling you back into his body as he rested his chest on top of your head.

"No, no, I'm fine, don't worry 'bout me, (Y/n)," He said through a small smile, placing a tiny kiss on the side of your head, and you eased back down.

It was as though he had been purposely doing this. Sukuna didn't know if his vessel was ever aware of his true feelings, because quite frankly, neither was he, but things like felt as though Itadori was mocking him.

Showing the king of curses perhaps the one thing he could never have.

He never knew when this feeling evolved, but he remembered the first time he saw you through someone else's eyes, but the only thing he could think about was that the epitome of true beauty that was standing in front of him.

You had a kind look on your face that never seemed to ease, something that was always lacking whenever someone looked at him, (though he did understand why.)

It wasn't him you were looking at, per se, more so that body he had been using, but he still cherished it nonetheless.

So when time passed and he realized that the Itadori boy was head over heels in love with you, he had to bite back the anger that came up from him. He knew there wasn't much he could do in the first place, and now that Itadori was like this, it would be even more difficult for him.

Therefore he was forced to watch scenes like this, something inside him twisting with unknown anger as he watched you fall in love even more with the incompetent bastard.

Which is why he asked Itadori to switch.

"I want to do something." He snapped and had to remind himself not to keep this tone if he wanted Itadori to even think about him letting the curse out.

"Why." His tone was clipped and understandably annoyed.

"I need a minute to discuss something with the girl." He would have preferred to say your name but he didn't know if Itadori would pick up on the way his voice softened when he said it.

"What in the world would you want with her?" Itadori scrunched up his nose in confusion, but you were facing away from him so you didn't see anything.

"For fucks sake," Sukuna muttered before he gave up and just willed himself to appear.

The black marking seeped through Itadori's skin, two slits of eyes opening on his cheeks. His lips curled up in an uneasy smile, nails growing into claws and you sensed the change in an instant.

You turned your head back again and your eyes widened momentarily as you looked at him before your shot to your feet.

He had been expecting the same disgusted look to take over your features, but if anything, you just seem surprised.

"Is everything okay," You cleared your throat, trying to see what would be best to call him before you just settled on the normal one, "Sukuna?"

He dimly nodded, body freezing under your stare, fingers twitching with strange anticipation.

"Yes. Everything's," He looked around, noticing the small little details he missed when trapped in the other body, how you were shorter than him, the already forming smile lines, how your lips parted slightly as you looked at him,

"Everything's alright."

He watched as you opened your mouth to say something else but he didn't let you, pulling you gently by the wrists and wrapping his arms around your neck.

You yelped, too shocked to push away, but the only thing he could focus on was the beating of your heart against his chest, the rhythmic thumping.

He had never felt something more calming.

He felt your hands slowly and carefully push away from his chest, heads up and slightly tilted sideways.

"Is everything alright?" You asked again, and you didn't even sound angered or humiliated by the action, and he didn't know if he should be happy or just lucky that you weren't cursing him to the pits of hell.

"Yes," He sighed deeply, hearing the yelling from inside his head as Itadori was trying to come back,

"How I'd make you a queen, (Y/n)." He gave you a sideways look and the look of confusion only grew.

"I-I'm sorry?" You inched back slowly, and he easily noticed the uneasy stance you took.

"It seems as though you," He shut his eyes, old pictures flashing back through his mind,

A girl who looked at him the way you looked at Itadori, same eyes, skin color, the same look of love.

"You look much like somebody from my past, that's all." You nodded, lips tight against one another, not knowing what else to say.

And just as soon as he came, he was gone, the black tattoos disappearing as Itadori came back.

You two just stared at each other, silence taking over the once comfortable room. He would ask you what Sukuna wanted, but you drew a blank, not knowing what had just happened.

Sukuna watched quietly, not saying anything, knowing the damage had already been done.

He hadn't done this on a whim or to ruin something, although he wishes he could,

He had told you the truth.

When he was the person he used to be, there was this girl that against everything, still seemed to love him.

She looked exactly like you, actually, and went by the same name.

Sukuna did this because he wanted to see his soulmate again,

He wanted to see you.