Chapter 24- Ghost Girl

Hoseok was inspecting the engine when Jimin came running to him.

"Everyone's waiting in the dining room. Taehyung contacted Jungkook through a dream. Come quickly." Saying this, he ran back upstairs, and Hoseok followed en suite.

"Alright, what happened?" he asked once he got there.

"I spoke to Taehyung," Jungkook replied.

"What did he say? Did he tell you where he is?"

Jungkook opened his mouth to say something, but Namjoon spoke first. "I think we're jumping to conclusions. I mean, how do we know it wasn't just a normal dream? How did Taehyung know how to contact you?"

Jungkook took a deep breath. "Remember that night you guys fought the flying pig?"

"What does that have to do with this?" asked Yoongi.

"It has everything to do with this. Taehyung almost died that night, but someone saved him. He couldn't see who it was, because she was invisible. He met her again. She told him how to contact me. I know it's not much, I know we can't trust this girl, but it's our only hope. We have no idea where Taehyung is. It's somewhere to start."

"Tell us more about this invisible girl," said Jin, "We should know if we can trust her."

Jungkook nodded. "Taehyung and I call her 'ghost girl' because she was invisible, and she disappeared without a trace. It was like one moment she's there, and then she's gone. She's helping us because she knows one of us. At least, that's what she told Taehyung."

Jin, Yoongi, and Namjoon's eyes widened at the same time. Hoseok realised who they were thinking about.

A girl. She knew one of them, that's why she was helping them. Only one person fit the description.

Jin was the first to say something. "Yoongi-"

"No," Yoongi snapped.

"But-"

"No!"

Jin continued anyway. "She knew you, Yoongi. She was one of us, she was supposed to be here with us. It makes sense if she wants to help."

"Stop it!" Yoongi stood up. "It's not her. Leah is not a ghost!" He left the room.

Hoseok didn't understand why he was being this way. Apparently Jin knew much more about Leah than Hoseok and Namjoon. Whatever he said made sense.

"Alright," said Namjoon, "Time to change the topic. Jungkook, did Taehyung say where he was?"

Jungkook didn't reply at first. His eyebrows were scrunched together. Hoseok guessed he was thinking about the conversation that took place just a moment ago. It was only when Namjoon called him the second time, did he look up.

"Sorry, what?"

Namjoon repeated his question.

"Taehyung said that the place was enchanted. The ghost girl," he faltered for a moment, as if debating whether to still call her ghost girl. "The ghost girl couldn't say his location, so she said it in some sort of code. He's in Arachne's lair." Jungkook looked at Hoseok. "Do you know what that means?"

"Arachne's lair?"

Jungkook nodded.

Hoseok searched his mind for the term. Yes, he had a faint idea of what it could mean.

Hoseok sighed. "Taehyung is in Rome."

Everyone sighed in relief. Jungkook closed his eyes. Namjoon, however, got straight to the point.

"We need to save him. Now."

"It's not that easy," said Hoseok. "I'll be back."

He left the room and went to the control room, and took the map on the table. He went back to the dining room.

"What is it?" Jimin asked.

Hoseok spread the map on the table. He pointed to a place on the map. "This is where we are right now." He pointed to another place. "This is the location of the Neda waterfalls. And that," he pointed to another location on the map, "Is Rome, where Taehyung is. We can't go to either of the two without Inez breaking down in the middle."

"So we have to stop, repair the ship, and then go to Rome to save Taehyung?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin shook his head. "It will take too long. Not an option."

"I don't see what other options we have," said Hoseok. "Inez is in no condition to go to Rome."

Namjoon went closer to the map and pointed to a place. "Can we go here? Athens?"

Jin frowned. "I don't see why we would go to Athens. It's completely off course."

Hoseok understood what Namjoon was thinking. "Athens is the capital of Greece. It will be easy to book a flight to Rome from there. We can go there, but we'll have to stop immediately." He nodded.

Namjoon nodded. "Here's what I suggest: we go to Athens and then split up. Half of us go to Rome, and half stay behind to repair Inez. That way, when Taehyung is back here with us, we can set sail immediately."

Hoseok liked the plan. "Alright, who's going to Rome? It's obvious I'll have to stay behind."

"I'm going." Jungkook piped up.

"Me too," said Jin, "Taehyung's my brother. I'm responsible for him."

Jimin looked up. "I'm going as well." He looked at Jin. "Taehyung's my brother too."

Jin nodded.

Hoseok couldn't believe his eyes. Were the two of them finally getting along? Out of the corner of his eye, Hoseok saw Jungkook smiling and realised that if there was one person for whom Jimin and Jin would put aside their five years of differences, it was Taehyung. They would do anything for him. Even work together as a team, if it meant Taehyung was safe.

"It's decided then," said Namjoon, "Me, Hoseok and Yoongi will stay behind to repair Inez, while Jin, Jimin and Jungkook go to Rome to rescue Taehyung. Any questions?"

"Yes," said Jungkook, "Who is Leah?"

Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin looked at each other. Neither of them wanted to answer. It was Yoongi's secret, and he'd told only Jin willingly. Hoseok and Namjoon just found out.

"That is a question Yoongi should answer," Namjoon said, breaking the awkward silence that was building up.

"I think he'll tell you guys when he's ready, Jin added.

Jimin looked like he was about to protest, but Jungkook silenced him with a look. "Alright. Let's go now." And he dragged the other out of the room.