18 | Lazy Days and Lying

Chapter Eighteen

Lazy Days and Lying

"Lee, wake up."

I turned over, trying to get back into a comfy position. Don't people know that i'm not a morning person? Goodness. I tossed and turned once more, only to feel my support leave me and I went crashing onto the floor.

"Ow." I groaned as i rubbed my elbow that happened to bang on my carpeted living room floor. Wait. Living room? I opened my eyes to come face to, well floor, with the carpet. "What in the world am I doing in the living room?" I said as I sat up a bit.

"You fell asleep on the couch last night. I didn't want to wake you up." Axel said as he placed two mugs of what appeared to be coffee on the table, then proceeded to help me up.

I stretched a bit and yawned. God, you would think that sleeping would be somewhat refreshing. Guess last night wasn't one of those nights. 

"What time is it?" I asked as I picked up my mug of yummy coffee. Smelling it, I recognized right away that it was my favourite -- Hazelnut. I closed my eyes and moaned in anticipation.

"One."

My eyes shot open as I spun around record fast and looked at him wildly. Thank God I had good hands or I'd have to clean coffee out of the carpet.

"One?!" I said as my voice reached an unattractive octave. "I have work, Axel!" I said as I placed my coffee on the table and started to freak out.

Originally I was supposed to be at work by nine and it's already one! Oh my God I can't believe this. Axel must have noticed how crazy I was becoming because he started laughing at me.

"No." He said in between laughs. "I called us both in. You're fine. Plus, you're a bit high strung. You deserve a day off." 

I sighed and picked my wonderful cup of coffee silently thanking Axel for his kindness. I took a sip of heaven and pet Jet and I swear he rubbed up to me like a cat. It almost made me laugh aloud. 

"I think he's part cat." Axel butted in. 

Shaking my head I continued to pet my lovely dog.

"Why would you think that?" I asked sarcastically. I think I said that a while back.

"Well he basically nuzzled up and slept soundly on you last night. It's something a cat would do." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

Yeah right buddy. Dogs do that too, dummyhead. I picked Jet up and brought him to my face, which he instantly started licking. "But he's my baby boy."

"Oh, and Chelsy said you have a lot of explaining to do." He said as he walked into the kitchen and sat at the breakfast bar. 

I groaned. Damn Axel having to call and talk to her. She's going to absolutely kill me.

"See, look what you did! Always causing trouble." I said as I sat Jet down and got up. "Hand me the phone please."

"Yes ma'am." He said with a laugh and tossed me the phone. He's lucky I caught it or i'd be in a pissy mood.

I sighed before quickly dialing Chelsy number that I knew by heart. She always had it on her because she was in desperate need of having contact with me throughout the day.

After two rings, she picked up only to shout, "MAYDAY" really loudly into the phone, to the point where I had to remove it from my ear. That girl could have blown out my eardrum.