Chapter 24

Adrien and Natalie finished up their conversations and drove back to Marinette's.

When they got their Adrien told Marientte everything. Natalie, still unaware that she had just confessed everything to Chat Noir and that Chat Noir was telling Ladybug that very moment, had waited in the car. She couldn't bare to face others. She texted Gabriel to tell him everything.

Gabriel
I've told Adrien everything. We aren't coming back for his good as well as mine. He will never forgive you for this. And don't even try to blackmail him with his mother, I've told him that part too. As long as I'm still here, you won't see him again as he wishes. Goodbye Gabriel. I can't believe I ever loved you.

As Gabriel read this his heart ached and he fell to the floor on his knees. "I cant believe shes done this! Nooroo dark wings rise."
"But master...."
"I am your master and you will obey me."
With that Gabriel transformed into Hawk moth. "Natalie is going to pay for what she has done to me." Gabriel used his elevator to go upstairs and opened the portrait to get the peacock miraculous.

"Wait where is it?" He searched the whole cupboard but couldn't fine it anywhere. "NATALIE!!" he screamed. He figured she would have it since she was the only other one that knew where it was.

*back to the car*

Natalie looked at her phone waiting for any texts from Gabriel. None from that hour but she had over 20 from earlier that day that she ignored. Seen. She knew that he had saw it. She knew that he would be furious with her. She would never go back and neither could Adrien. She knew what he would be doing. 

Upstairs Adrien had finished explaining everything to Marinette. She had her suspicions about him for a while but figured that since he had been akumatized it couldn't have been him. 

"What are we going to do about him, we can't just leave him to continue to terrorize innocent people forever?" Adrien asked Marinette. 

"We're going to stop him, thats what were going to do," Marinette gave a little smile, she was ready to get back out and be Ladybug again. She had been waiting for this moment for so long and she was ready. 

"Not in your condition your not," Adrien replied.

"I'm almost better now, by the time we come up with a plan and figure all the details out, i'll be fine."

"Okay, but we're not going soon."

"fine." Marinette said the small smile on her face diappeared. She knew why Adrien was being so protective. He had almost lost her and his mother not so long ago. And now, his father. He was ashamed to be called his son, to be related to him. The thought that he could turn out anything like him filled Adrien with terror and dread. 

"Marinette..." Adrien asked quieter than what he was just talking. 

"yes, what's wrong?" Marinette questioned, she knew something wasn't right. He was just fine a moment ago. 

"Do you think i'm like my father?" 

"No, why would you even ask that. Your nothing like him. Your smart, funny, kind and loving. I am lucky to have ever met you. Adrien, the fact that you are even asking that proves your better than your father. You have a conscience he clearly doesn't. I love you Adrien Agreste and i'm never going to stop."

With the end of her sentence, Adrien's eyes filled with tears. Not only was she lucky to have him but it was the same the other way around. They were both so lucky to have each other. "I love you too Marinette, thank you." He put his arms around her, and hugged her tight. He didn't want to let her go, ever. He didn't have much family left, but she was all he needed. They were hugging until Natalie came back upstairs. 

"Your fathers seen my message Adrien. We need to come up with a plan. I'm assuming you've filled in Marinette." 

Marinette nodded her head, "yes, I will come up with a plan and so will Adrien." 

"We should leave this to Ladybug and Chat Noir don't you think." 

Adrien and Marinette exchanged looks and shared the same smug smile. 

"Am I missing something here?" Natalie questioned, very confussed at this point. She was the only person in the room not to know. 

"I think we should fill her in..." Marinette looked back at Adrien who still had his cat like grin on his face.