Performance

June called his older brother as soon as he had the free time to do so. Which was hours and hours after the presentation. But that was alright. His brother knew how hectic being a trainee was and had patience with June's late-night calls. Also, the performance was practically engraved in the teen's mind so there was no risk of him forgetting any detail about it. It had been that amazing.

Before he could go over Jimmie's presentation for the nth time that day, July's happy voice rang in his ear.

"Hey! Little bro! How are you? I haven't heard from you these past few days."

The heart in June's chest skipped a beat and he felt like it had grown in size and couldn't fit inside him anymore. He was really happy right now. He'd had an amazing day. And on top of that he really missed his big brother and liked talking to him when he allowed himself to call.

However, outwardly, June showed none of it.

"Hi bro," he said in the most nonchalant and bored tone of voice he could muster right now. He wanted to show how excited he was, but he'd only seen little kids being that exuberant. June was not a kid. He was going to be fifteen in just a few months. Plus, in a few years he would be eighteen. He was almost an adult. And he wanted to be treated as such. Hence, he had stopped doing what he considered kid behaviors and began imitating the adults in his life. Most of them were very serious, and didn't really show their emotions on their faces. Like Summer. That was what he strived for. As for his older brother... Well, he was just a seven-year-old kid in a big body, in June's opinion. "I'm good. Been busy."

July chuckled. His little brother was the funniest, most amusing thing that had ever happened to him. He knew June, had watched him grow up and watched him enter his current 'perpetually uninterested' phase, and knew for a fact that he was trying to act cool. Actually, June had been trying to act cool for a while now, that was nothing new. Today, though, the bored tone sounded even more forced than usual, so, July knew something really good had happened.

"I see," he said with the same happy tone, trying to hide how much fun he was having at June's expense. Someday his little bro would grow and July would tell him all about how much he laughed internally. That day, July would also (hopefully!) stop having to painstakingly pull the good news out of him. "So, what did you do today? I mean apart from your boring middle school classes and the exhausting company schedule, did something interesting happen?"

If he didn't make the distinction, he feared June would purposely stall mentioning the thing he did want to talk about.

"Umm..." June said as if he was trying to find something interesting in his mind-numbingly average day.

What happened today? The most amazing and beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life! And the biggest coincidence that has happened to me yet!

Would July even believe him when June told him?

"Nothing much," he said instead. Still disinterested. "Oh, yeah. One of my band members had some sort of dance thing today."