p r o l o g u e

Together with my best friend Lya, I sit at the airport of Chicago, waiting for us to get on the plane. We decided to leave our apartment and go to London for a while.

I'm Bella and I grew up in Chicago. My mom and dad divorced when I was five and so my mom was a single mom for a few years. When I was nine my mom remarried with Will who was a great guy. And a years later I got a little sister named Millie.

I haven't spoken to my dad ever since my mom and him got a divorce. But it was better like that. And now that I'm 20,
I don't even care about not seeing him.
I lived a great life with my mom, Will and Millie. And I didn't grew up without a dad because I had Will and he really feels like my dad.

But I told u that I was at the airport with my best friend. Let me introduce you to her. Lya, two months older than me and a total sweetheart. Lya and I have been friends since we started going to school. We lived close to each other and spend every day together.

When I was little, I always wanted to become a cheerleader. I always dressed up as one during Halloween. And when we started high school, we joined the cheerleaders. First Lya didn't want to, but
I got her so far and let her know how fun it would be.

And yes. There were boys. When we were sophomores, Lya found a really sweet guy named Luke. He was just one year older than us and one of the football players.

Lya and Luke introduced me to Lukes friend Joshua. They set us up together and later on we became a couple.

Now it's four years later and everything changed. Lya and I got an apartment and after a half year, Josh and Luke joined us.

But getting them living with us wasn't the best decision. Before that, Josh had a desire that I didn't have. And when he moved in, it became bigger and it backfired a lot.

And that's why we are now at the airport to leave. I was the one who wanted to leave. I never asked Lya to join me, but she wanted to come with me.

I just wanted to take a break and forget about that life. Lya was supposed to stay with Luke but instead, she insisted on going with me. I will insist that she will go visit Luke sometimes, or he visits us.

But I am not going back there for a while.
For now I'm looking forward to my possibly new life in London.