Prolouge

"Dr. Whitherman, I don't t-think this is a g-g-good idea."

A middle-aged man with barley-grown stubble faced a tall figure. The room was small and full of pale blue light. There was a single machine in the corner with all kinds of metal rods and chains attached to it. 

"Rolan, for the last time, don't question me. I know what i'm doing." The tall figure, Dr. Whitherman, glared down at the short man with icy blue eyes.

"O-okay sir. Let me know if you need anything." The middle-aged man stuttered, quite unsettled by the man's eyes. 

"Get me Becker. He has the subject." Ordered Whitherman, putting on plastic gloves.

"B-becker? B-but sir he has the day off," Rolan said quietly, scared of what the Docter's reaction would be.

Witherman took a pair of shining scissors in his hand, and didn't look up at Rolan as he spoke "I said. Get. Me. Becker."

Rolan heard the sharp note of irritation hidden under his harsh words and nodded, scurring off fearfully.

Whitherman looked over at the machine, a grin full of malice forming on his thin, cracked lips. 
"This will be one hell of an operation."

~~

A man with scraggly brown hair slipped on a white lab coat while swiftly walking down the hall. Rolan had a rather large metal box in his hand and was heaving it as quickly as his stubby legs would take him.

"C-can you slow d-d-down sir?" He stuttered breathlessly.

This only made the man speed up wordlessly.

"Shit." Muttered Rolan as the man sped up.

Rolan looked down at the box, wondering what was in it, and why it was so damn heavy.

"Dr. Whitherman won't be happy if we are late." The man said in a scratchy voice.

"D-dr. Becker, s-s-sir please at least slow dow-" 
"There is no slowing down Rolan. Speed up you son of a-"

Dr. Becker stopped just in time to avoid bumping into a tall man. Dr. Whitherman.
"Why hello sir. I heard you needed my assistance?" There was a slight hint of bitterness to Becker's voice.

Whitherman nodded at Becker. "Yes. We are ready."

Becker looked at him, his bushy eyebrows furrowed.
"Today? Now? Are you sure?"

"Yes today, In a few hours, and yes." Said Whitherman.

Becker looked back and forth from Rolan to Dr. Whitherman, then finally rested his frantic gaze to the floor. Moments that seemed like hours passed.

"Okay. Bring it in."

A/N: hey people! i've been wanting to write this story for a long time now, and im thinking my next chapter will be out tomorrow. so i hope you enjoyed.