𝘏𝘖𝘎𝘚𝘔𝘌𝘈𝘋𝘌

| 𝙂𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙮 |

TW: body issues, eating disorders

"Luna, are you awake?" tried Ginny softly, peering at her girlfriend laying next to her on the couch.

Ginny realized they had fallen asleep on the couch in the Gryffindir common room last night. The night of the Thanksgiving feast. The night of the kiss.

Ginny suppressed a smile, even though there wasn't anybody else in the room. It was very early, and the sun was just beginning to come up, casting dancing early-morning shadows on their surroundings.

Luna mumbled a little something, then opened her eyes, at first looking confused, then seeing Ginny and smiling.

Ginny wrapped her arms around Luna and embraced her sweetly, but froze when she felt how thin she was... too thin.

"Luna..."

Luna sat up quickly.

"Luna!" exclaimed Ginny, making Luna look defensive. Ginny regretted that and changed her tone. "Luna, you haven't been eating." She said softly.

"I-"

before she could really respond, a few people walked groggily out of the dorms into the common room. Those few people were Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville.

"Oi! Lovebirds! It's Hogsmeade day." Ron jabbed.

"Shove off, Ron..." replied Ginny, rolling her eyes.

                              ***

The snowflakes landed on Ginny'sEva  hair like little butterflies as she trudged through the snow on the lane to Hogsmeade, her arm slung around Luna's shoulder.

After a few more moments they arrived in Hogsmeade. Ginny had an idea for today.

"Luna, come on," she winked. "We'll catch up with you later," She said to the others, earning nods from them.

She grabbed Luna's soft hand and skipped down the main street with her girlfriend, an icy wind now building up. It was so cold and windy that Ginny felt like freezing hands were gripping her.

Not a long while after, the two girls came to a side street and strolled a long that for a while, eventually landing in front of a quaint little cafe called-

"Madam Pudifoots." Ginny said.

"Oh yeah. I go here sometimes," Luna remarked dreamily.

"Oh yeah? Well now we get to go here together." Ginny smiled sweetly.

                              ***

As they sat down, Luna looked like she was trying to stay calm but slightly failing.

Ginny noticed this and didn't say anything. Oh how that was a mistake she would later realize...

"Hello dears," an elderly- but not too elderly- woman had wandered over to their table without either of them noticing, snapping them out of their thoughts.

"What can I get you darlings? Coffee? Tea?"

"A coffee with milk and a tea with milk, please. Also a plate of toast." Ginny told the waitress, who then left.

                              ***

No." Luna answered when asked if she wanted anything.

Ginny paled. "Luns.. you didn't even eat breakfast. Do you want to go somewhere else?"

Luna paled and looked uncomfortable.

When Ginny tried handing her a piece of toast, she stood up and seemed to be losing control.

"GINNY. Just stop." exclaimed Luna, much out of her usual calm, serene persona, earning stares from others in the cafe. "You don't understand anything."

She locked eyes with her girlfriend, and then rushed out of the shop into the now blizzard-like lane.

"Luna, wait-!"

                              ***

Ginny spent the rest if the afternoon feeling hurt and confused.

Did I do something to upset her?

Maybe I shouldn't have handed her the food...

I just want to talk

where
is
she?

Ginny saw no sight of Luna, and figured she just needed some time.

"Hermione! There you are. I've been looking for you. Can we- talk?"

Hermione looked concerned at Ginny's mood, and the two girls set off someplace.

The top of the astronomy tower.

"Hermione... I think something's up with Luna." Ginny told the said girl worriedly.

Hermione looked sympathetic as she said, "Why? What's wrong?"

Ginny took a deep breath, and then explained what happened at Madam Pudifoot's earlier that day: how Luna had looked uncomfortable from the start, and about her breakdown, and walking out of the shop. When she was finished, Hermione seemed to understand something.

"Ginny, have you noticed Luna not eating or acting that way before? In fact, now that I think about it, I myself have noticed at meals..."

Suddenly it hit her. "Yes!" She thought back to that morning.

"Mione, this morning I- I higher Luna and she felt very thin... too thin. I didn't really think much of her not aeting a lot. I just figured she was always like that.

Oh my gosh. I'm a terrible girlfriend."

Ginny slapped her head and put her face in her hands.

Hermione looked sad and walked over to her. "Ginny Weasley, you are not a bloody bad girlfriend. You didn't know. Just give her some space and then talk to her later.

Kay?"

Ginny looked thankful and flustered.

"Thank you so much, Mione." She said gratefully.

The two girls set off to dinner, wondering if Luna would be there.

Oh, Luna.

wc: 819

A/N- so soo sorry guys for the late update. I will try to be more regular with them. I hope you enjoy tho.

-rue