5. Sunshine through a thunderstorm

Hinatas POV

Me and Kageyama are walking home from practice with Yamaguchi. Those two have been getting really close lately. Im not one for relationship cues, I've never been in one myself. I've always liked men. But I just haven't found the right person, but I'm happy that kageyama is happy.

I liked kageyama in the beginning of the school year, but it faded away with time. But now he's my best friend and I'd do anything for him. I smiled.

"Are you too together?" I asked out of nowhere

They looked at eachother.

"Well not yet" Yamaguchi said. "I'm waiting on telling Tsukishima before I put myself out to the rest of the team. I wouldn't of been so honest  to you right now but I'm sure Kags mentioned me once or twice.

I shrugged and smiled. "If you guys are happy I'm happy! And no kageyama hasn't said anything about it." I look at kageyama and wink, he's red as a tomato. "I think you're lying" Yamaguchi joked.

We all laughed and chatted for a view minutes. I looked up at the darkening sky. I felt a drop of water on my head, then another
And another.
"FUCK it's raining!"

We fast walked to the split between me and kageyamas street. I said goodbye, waved and I started running towards my house. I sniffled, it was getting cold.

Five minutes pass and I'm walking near Tsukishima's house. I peer to see if anyone is home and see all the lights are off.

I wonder if he's o-

My Thoughts were cut off by a car passing by driving through a puddle and covering me with rainwater. "FUCK! UGH!" I mumbled to myself . I looked down and up and saw a bit of blonde near a tree...is that...Tsukishima...no...
I walk closer, my walk becomes a run, I freak out, "tsukkishima?"

He's passed out. I call my mother.
"Mom"
"Yes baby"
"My friend, he passed out in the rain, He's really cold. Is it hypothermia?"
"I'm on my way, is he breathing?"
"Yes, kind of shallow."
"Does he have a pulse"
"Yes it's slowed though"

Mom asks me do check on a couple things as I grab him and his stuff to get him towards the road so mom can see me clearly. My mom arrives swiftly and we get him in and buckled. It was a two minute drive From his house to mine. He was still unconscious when we got him to the house. I took him to my room with mom's help and turned up the heat in my room. I took his bags and I put everything into the dryer. Everything is soaking wet.

Tsukishima's scars and cuts and bruises were visible through his white shirt under his jacket. I put a warm heavy blanket on top of him, I didn't think to undress him...that's weird as shit.

I took his glasses off and went downstairs to sleep on the couch. I looked back one more time. He looks so peaceful when he's asleep. Hmm.

I go downstairs and see my mom looking at me concerned.

I frown. "He's warming up again, I think he will be ok."

"Is that the kageyama guy you always talk about?"

I panicked "absolutely not, kageyama is tall but not as tall as him, and Tsukishima is really annoying and an asshole."

"Yet you cared enough to save his life, I'm proud of you" She smiled.

I blushed. "Thanks mom, anything for a team mate."

"If there's anything you need, let me know. I'm going off to Tokyo in  a couple days to visit your aunt Mizuki. I'll be Bringing natsu with me so don't worry about her"

Me and mom chatted for a while before she headed to bed.

I won't even lie, I just wanted to hold tsukishima. There was obvious abuse going on and I wasn't having it...it's not like I have a crush on him or anything. I just want him to know that it'll all be okay.

Tsukkishimas POV

Where the fuck am I?
I get up and realize I can't see. I feel around for my glasses. Oh here they are. I put them up to my shirt and wiped them. My shirt was soaked.

Wasn't I just outside?

I used the blanket on top of me nearby to wipe my glasses off. I look around. I'm in a pretty plain room. But with plenty of volleyball posters. There's books and homework near a desk and small miscellaneous figurines and trinkets on a nearby shelf. I looked above me and saw number 10 on a poster. The tiny giant.

Hinata. Did he drag me out of the rain?

I looked at the time, 3:45 in the morning. Too early to go see him. I noticed my clothes stacked up near my bed. I put on some dry clothes and went back to bed.

I woke up around 9 in the morning. "SHIT the Nekoma game! Fuck. I'm late."

I got a text from the group chat.

🚬 Bad news fellas, the majority of Nekomas players have fallen ill and have cancelled the volleyball game.

👨🏼‍🦲DAMN I WAS HOPING TO KICK SOME ASS

🍬TANAKA LANGUAGE

⚡️ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS

🍬I will snap your neck

👨🏻let's calm down. We will have practice tomorrow. Coach hasn't said anything about rescheduling so we will just practice for now.

🍠kageyama said thanks for letting us know

Why can't he just text the groupchat🤨

👨🏼‍🦲someone's jealous

Nope it's just very likely of kageyama to be so lazy where he can't even text

✝️ sounds like jealously to me

🍠Tsukki this is kageyama, shut the fuck up

⚡️OMG ASAHI HAHA PERIOD 💅

🍊hi guys🤩🍬❤️💙😸😚

🥛shut the fuck up

Now you use your own phone

🥛die

✝️RUDE KAGEYAMA

🍬🤔🔪

🍊Good Morning Tsukishima!

More like a rude awakening

🍊ok SaLtYsHiMa

🍊is offline

👨🏻Well enjoy your day of rest. See you all tomorrow.

I put my phone down. Now I gotta face him. He's probably seen everything. What do I tell him. I'm scared. There's no way HINITA of all people helped me out. What the fuck is wrong with me. I walk out the door and head down stairs.

A/N hey guys! I've been really inspired to write lately I have a couple chapters in my drafts! I will revise and post them as my schedule allows me. I hope you enjoy the story, please leave a comment of what you'd like to see happen.

REMEMBER TO VOTE❤️❤️love you all. Thank you for 35 reads :)

Have a good day/night

-m