The Strongest Man

You faintly heard birds chirping outside of the apartment window, the sunlight barely shining through. You turned over on your mattress as to avoid the sun's ray's so you could sleep a little, and after working past midnight it's nice to sleep in--

"Oi, (Name)."

you heard above your sleeping form, you grumbled a little, holding onto your single blanket, not intending to be fully awake yet.

"(Name), wake up, it's your turn to make breakfast." Saitama nagged as he began to poke your cheek.

A few weeks ago the lone hero, Saitama, has let you live with him in his apartment. You saved up a little money to get yourself a small foldable mattress, which laid in the living room along with Saitama's. You still worked at the Supermarket, but you told Saitama that you'd help with groceries and tell him when the 'Super' sales were, which made him happier than anything else. Upon living together you also decided to split up the chores and to switch days making food... today was your day.

"Okay, I'm up, I'm up." you pouted as you sat up in bed, rubbing the sleepiness out of your eyes.

Saitama tapped a finger on his chin, in thought, "I'm thinking having eggs and bacon for breakfast."

you tilted your head, "Bacon? I don't think we have any..." you informed the man

"Oh," the bald-headed man then got up from his spot next to you, and went to his mattress, grabbing a near by manga, "Eggs will do, I guess."

You smiled a bit, seeing the full grown man pout, "Well, I work today so I can pick us up some bacon."

Saitama nodded, "Okay."

*TIME SKIPP*

After breakfast, you quickly finished buttoning up your uniform, and tied up your shoes. Luckily you only had a short shift today so you couldn't complain to much.

After tying your (long/short) hair into a bun, you walked to the front door, "I'm leaving for work now, but I'll be back around 2:30!" you called to the man

Saitama sat by the table, watching the local news, nodded, "Yea, see you when you get home."

You blushed a little when he said that, "R-Right-- uh- good bye!" you then quickly left the apartment in a rush, so that he wouldn't see your face getting redder and redder. I mean, it is true that his apartment is technically 'your home' but for the monotone man to say it... made your heart skip a beat.

You walked down the street face palming, "Ugh, what am I doing?! I can't have feelings for him, it would be too weird, I mean, we live together. Also, what if he didn't accept my feelings..." your heart sank at the thought, but you quickly snapped out of it, "Oh well, I can't think like that!"

With the long walk a head of you, your mind still wandered, ever since you moved in with Saitama it seems like bad luck followed the two of you... mainly you. Monsters would trap you at every corner, but some how Saitama was always there...

*FLASHBACK*

You left work with groceries in tow, the bright sky welcomed you to what seemed like a promising afternoon.

You looked down at the multiple bags of groceries, "Saitama is going to be so happy!" you said to yourself, "I have enough groceries here to last us a week!" you whistled a happy tune walking down the street~

Suddenly a burst of light was seen in the sky, the ground began to rumble, making you stumble, but hold onto the groceries for dear life. Up in the sky you see what looks like a man? No, it couldn't be... men aren't purple... they don't have antennas either! What is going on?!

You then see this being form some sort of energy in its hands, and threw the ball into the near by buildings causing them to crash and tumble down!! You screamed trying to avoid the rubble tumbling down, you dodged as best as you could as this creature kept throwing multiple balls of light! Finally you lunged out of the way as a piece of a building almost crushed you, but as the impact of the ground reached you, the groceries splattered everywhere. Your hands and knees were a bit bloody from the rough concrete...you dusted the debris off of your uniform as you sat up.

"Mommy! Daddy!!" you hear a little girl cry not to far off in the distance.

Quick to act in action you got up from the ground, through the rubble of the torn building you climbed over them to see a little girl crying for her parents. You quickly went to her aid, trying to calm her down.

you bent down a little to meet her eye line, "hey there, there's no reason to cry, I'm (Name). Can you tell me what your name is?"

the girl covered her face with her hands, still in tears, "M-Mommy... D...Daddy..."

You gave the girl a reassuring hug, knowing words can't comfort her... then slowly the ground began to shake once again. It was hard to see from the dust clouds, but only moments later you see the alien-like creature walk towards the two of you.

Your heart pounded as the creature looked down at the two of you, enjoying that you were in distress. His hand came towards you, growing immensely, the alien laughed to himself knowing that he was about to end your life.

You held the girl close, squeezing your eyes shut, 'Oh no.. w-we're going to di--'

before finishing that thought, you felt strong arms pick you and the little girl up, away from the monster, landing safely a few meters away. You opened your eyes to see a familiar face... Saitama, his cape flowed in the wind.

"Saitama..." you whispered, "you're here!" you smiled brightly

Your savior almost cracked a smile until, "And who do we have here?" the aliens mutated voice pierced the silence

Saitama smirked, and turned to face the monster with a still monotone expression, arms crossed over his muscular chest, "Just a guy who's a hero for fun."

You smiled at the fact, but the creature seemed annoyed, "What kind of half-assed back story is that?" The alien took a step forward to the three of you, "I was formed from the constant stream of pollution with which you humans have suffused the earth. I AM VACCINE MAN! The earth is a single living organism..."

While 'Vaccine Man' went on with his epic rant, you decided to take this time to help the little girl to find her parents. You gave the girl a piggy-back ride so that she didn't have to walk and hurt her self on the sharp edges of the building, the girl helped you with directions back to her home, which thankfully wasn't to far. Luckily her home was unharmed and the parents were grateful to you, "Oh my God, thank you so much for returning our daughter" the dad smiled

the little girl gave you a warm hug and smiled brightly, "Thank you for rescuing me, you're my hero!"

"Are you a hero by chance?" the mother asked

you blushed a crimson red, quickly shaking your head, "N-No, I'm not, I-I'm just dong what anyone else would do!"

"Well we are forever grateful for you, please stay safe out there."

You waved them good bye, "You as well," and looked back to the little girl, "Remember to stay strong!"

As the little girl waved good bye back to you, you suddenly remembered about Saitama! "Oh No! Saitama! I hope he isn't hurt!!" thinking quickly you ran back to where you last say the hero, hoping he was alright. On your way back to your hero you saw some stray groceries on the ground that were still good, you picked them up one by one--

"DDDAAAAAMMMMNNNN IIIIITTTT!!!!!"

Your head perked up hearing the familiar voice, and after climbing the mountain of rubble you see Saitama pouting on the ground... the alien's blood and guts surrounded the area.

you were a bit confused, 'Why is he upset that... he won?' you wondered. You walked over to the hero and squatted down next to him, putting a hand on his shoulder

"What's wrong, Saitama? Are you hurt?" you asked a bit concerned

He didn't answer for a moment, the silence made you on edge, "...One punch"

"Hm?" you leaned in a bit closer

"All it took.. was.. one punch..!" he choked out, you looked down at his gloved hands... one steamed a bit but looked unharmed.

You giggled at knowing what would cheer him up, "Lookie at what I have, Saitama," you smiled down at the pouty man.

Saitama saw that you had a few groceries in your arm, "There's a sale??" he asked almost enthused

you nodded, "Yup, and if we're lucky there will still be some items left!"

Just then the bald-headed man got up from the ground, suddenly in a rush, "Come on! We'll miss everything!!" Saitama began to dash his way to the market, almost leaving you behind.

"Huh--SAITAMA!! Wait for me!" you yelled behind him, trying to catch up

*BACK TO PRESENT*

"Hello, Welcome!" you sang as you greeted new customers into the store, as your shift went on you found yourself smiling a bit more. It was nice having a nice bed to go to every night, and not the shelter, and to also have a decent meal every day too. But it was also nice to have someone who was at least happy to see you.

Someone then came to your register, basket in front of you, "Hello sir, did you fi--- Saitama?!" you said a bit surprised, seeing him in his hero suit and all, "What're you doing here?"

the man held up the package of bacon, "We needed bacon, remember?"

"Yea, but I told you that I'd get it... or were you just bored at home without me?" you joked

Saitama rolled his round eyes, "Well, I had nothing else to do today."

You leaned into him a bit whispering, "Couldn't you wear 'normal' clothes for a change? People are giving you weird looks!" you could see a few people pointing at the hero, some people giggled while others looked at him confused.

Saitama tilted his head, scratching his cheek with his gloved finger, "Hm? Me?" ...I guess he was immune to embarrassment.

You sighed but continued with the transaction, "Okay, that'll be 482 yen~"

Saitama got out his wallet, "Here's 500--"

suddenly the ground began to rumble, the electricity began to go on and off

You looked around in a panic, "Uh- Saitama?"

"Hold on, I have spare change" he said, hand roaming inside his wallet

The ground began to shake even more intensely, people began to panic and run out of the store, "Saitama!! We need to leave, forget the bacon!" you yelled

The man handed you spare change, "I have 82 yen."

*CRASH*

Out of no where, half of the store collapsed, walls were missing, both you and Saitama walked out to see that the ground was embedded with a ginormous foot print! You looked over to see a giant walking away from your city, crushing everything in its path.

"MY STORE!!" your boss yelled, "It's ruined!"

you quickly tapped Saitama on his shoulders, "Hurry, let's go before I have to clean up this mess!" you pleaded

the man nodded, "Yea, let's go see what's going on with that giant." Saitama then scooped you up in his arms, making you feel a bit of heat go to your cheeks, but then both of you darted off to the current villain.

Saitama landed on the giants shoulder, then put you down, you look over to see on the opposite shoulder a man in a lab coat with a vile in his hand.

"My brains and your brawn..." the man shouted, "by combining the greatest of minds and the strongest of bodies we brothers will conquer everything on earth and rule as Kings!!"

you hear faintly the citywide warning, 'This is an emergency evacuation warning, the giant creature has appeared in City D and the creature is currently heading towards City B. All residents in this area must leave immediately.'

You see people panic in the streets trying to escape or at least protect themselves in any way possible. The Giant flew his arm, causing a huge gust of wind to knock over buildings, remove streets, to uproot the entire city below.

'That's a bit unnecessary,' you said to yourself

The scientist cheered, "Yes! Incredible little brother! Get them, let them scatter like rats!" he laughed

the monster growled, "I am the strongest man, I am the strongest man, I am the strongest man."

"What do you think little brother?!"

"...Yea, how's it feel to being the strongest?" you hear Saitama ask, almost sounding genuine.

The scientist looked over at the two of you with a sudden panicked look on his face, "What?! There's someone on your shoulder!"

"Put some pants on." Saitama said, looking unamused

Your jaw dropped looking up at the man next to you, 'How can he be so blunt?!' you face palmed

The scientist scowled, "Those two on your shoulder! Kill them!"

You tugged on Saitama's cape thinking it was your time to leave, but the man remained unmoved. The giant, however, mistook where you two were and accidently crushed his brother on this right shoulder instead of the left.

The giant looked down at his hand, seeing he crushed his only brother, looking at his remain...

"BBRRROOOTTTHHEERRRR!!! How did this happen?! I just wanted to be strong!" the giant roared so loudly that both you and Saitama had to cover your ears, the wind so powerful, you leaned into Saitama a bit to be safe.

"I finally am the strongest man but,..." the giant looked over at Saitama, as you did, to find the man with a goofy smile on his face. The gesture on Saitama's face made the giant infuriated!

Saitama saw that the giant's hand was coming for the two of you, and acting fast he encircled his arms around you, pulling you into his strong chest.

"I don't know who you are but it is your fault that my brother is dead!" the giant hand grabbed both you and Saitama, the grasp on you was almost to painful to bare, Saitama held you close so that you wouldn't feel the crushing pain. The giant then threw the two of you onto a building, you screamed as the debris flew all around you, Saitama held you so that you wouldn't feel anything, that his back was facing the blow of the building. When you finally landed, you laid on Saitama's chest, you coughed from the dust, bits of concrete were in your hair.

You looked up with your (e/c) eyes to see the giant about to pounce on you, "Saitama! He's coming!!" you warned

"Oh, okay." quick to act, Saitama tossed you a few yards away so that you wouldn't be caught in the fight, you got up and ran behind a near building seeing the fight before you.

The creature landed multiple punches to the ground where Saitama would've been, you covered your eyes, terrified at the sight. "Saitama, please be alright!"

The giant was merciless, "The Strongest! Behold our brotherly power!!" not giving up, with one finally punch it looked like the ground exploded! Building exploded on impact, the dusts winds were so powerful it made you fall down and blow back a bit. The creature beat up the ground so bad that he created a giant crater in the ground. You didn't want to know what remained of your friend... your heart sank...

"I am the strongest..." you hear the monster mumble, "So what if I am? I still feel empty."

"Right?" you hear a familiar voice, making you get up from the ground.

You then see the hero fly up from the ground, meeting eye level with the giant. Saitama, then punched the giant, making the giants armor crack and fly away, his teeth flew from his skull, making blood gush from his mouth...

"Having overwhelming strength is... pretty boring."

the Giant then collapsed on the near by town, "Oops."

Your jaw dropped at the scene that just happened, that Saitama had such strength!! You left your position behind the building and ran back to your friends side. Saitama landed back on the ground with ease, then looked around, "Hm? where did (Name) go?" he wondered

"Saitama!" you called out trying to find him, you coughed from the remaining dust

the hero waved, "Oi, I'm over here."

You smiled in his direction, and walked over, "Wow, Saitama, that was great!" you cheered

Saitama looked down at your cute face with his round eyes, "Oh, yea, I suppose. Come on let's go home, I'm starving... I think we should have salmon over rice tonight." Saitama then turned around and started to walk back home

You tilted your head, 'How can he act so calmly about everything... you'd think that he would boast at least a little.'

the man turned around to still see you in the same place, "Hm? Come on (Name), it's still your turn to cook today." he reminded you.

you crossed your arms over your chest, "I know, I know!!"

*TIME SKIP* SAITAMA'S POV

the birds chirped outside like any other morning, I was in a deep sleep until a loud crash was heard, causing me to suddenly be awake from my deep sleep. My eyes went sharp, I jumped up suddenly when a fist grabbed my upper part of my body, I tried to punch it away but this thing was faster, then it went through my apartment walls, causing me to fly out of my home! I landed on the pavement streets looking at my damaged home...

"My house?!" I then gasped, "(NAME!!) Where are you?!" I panicked, did she get hurt from the forced of whatever crashed into the apartment?

A creature rose up from the ground, catching me off guard, I didn't have time to fight, only to block him...it punched me with great force. I flew back into the near by building, my head began to bleed, blood dripped onto the ground as I regained my composure.

The creature stood before me, it looked at least 10 feet tall, his muscles flexed, his face didn't look like anything I've ever seen before... but his punch, he's a tough one.

I glared at the creature, "What the Hell are you? What did you do to (Name)?!"

the monster looked down at me, "'What' am I? that's rude. We are the true earthlings."

I balled my fists, "Don't dodge my other question. Where. Is. (Name)?"

Other creatures popped up from the ground, they all looked like the current monster before me, all of them huge, it was almost intimidating, almost. I looked around to each one of them until... I finally saw her, (Name). She was in the clutches of one of the monsters. She looked up at me, frightened tears in her eyes, I immediately jumped up from my place in the ground, seeing her in distress didn't sit well with me..."Saitama, what's going on?" she whimpered, "I'm scared..." My eyes widened a bit, but tried not to show my shock at the situation. She gasped as the creatures grip tightened on her, I took a step forward trying to reach her.

"I believe you call us 'Subterraneans'" the monster interjected, "We suffer from overpopulation, therefore we must claim the world aboveground. I understand that there are many people on the surface too. As it stand you are in our way. That is why we decided to eradicate you all."

'Kill... us all?' Sweat beaded my forehead, (Name) struggled to breath in the monster's grip... I'm running out of time.

The monster continued, "Since our invasion commenced, 70% of the surface dwellers have been killed, this is a battle for survival. I hope you can understand that. However, this is unexpected, we have encountered no surface dwellers whom our punches can not kill."

"Same here." I clenched my fists, "It's been too long since I've come across such worthy opponents, Subterraneans!" I said with a smirk on my face.

The monster's eyes glowed with fury, "We are earthlings!!" he shouted, while throwing a strong punch which I quickly dodged, causing the monster's fist collide with the wall of the building. I then took that moment to punch my opponent in the stomach, at first it didn't move. Then his body expanded and exploded from the force of my punch, his blood and flesh scattered the area. At first the Subterraneans were shocked, taking a step back, (Name) was quick to act and slid out of the monster's grip. She then went by my side, I pulled her behind me, making sure she was safe. I could hear her breathing was uneasy, trying not to cry she hid her face on the back of my shirt.

"Bastard!" a monster shouted, causing me to focus my attention to the current rival

"DIE!!"

A Subterranean shouted in front of me, he was about to pound both his fists onto (Name) and me, "Hold on!" I told (Name), she quickly looped her arms around my neck, holding onto me tightly. I quickly jumped up before the monster hit us, I kicked him in the head, causing him to collapse to the ground. To avoid the other monsters I jumped onto a few of their faces and jumped to a near by bridge for a better battle ground!

One by one the Subterraneans were after both (Name) and me, she held onto me as tight as she could as I jumped in the air to fight. Punching and kicking all the monster's I could, while dodging and protecting (Name) all at the same time.

"Saitama!" she cried

I looked up to see 3 monsters closing in on us, "Close your eyes, (Name!)" I told her. She then squeezed her eyes shut as all 3 of the monsters punched us, little did they know... I blocked all of them

...this rush... this feeling.. finally someone worth fighting, someone worth protecting... it made me have a spark in my eyes, full of purpose. Now it is my turn to fight!

I quickly swiped my leg under all three monsters, making them lose their balance. One after one I punched them, one exploded while the others crashed into the surrounding buildings. More and more monsters cam after us, I kept (Name) close to me, with one arm wrapped around her waist, with the other I protected her.

A giant Subterranean boomed right in front of us, the ground felt it was about to crumble beneath me. Before I could act, the monster balled his first and was about to throw a final punch, I quickly turned so I would take the punch and not (Name). The force of the punch was so great we both flew back causing the concrete of the bridge to split in two, (Name) screamed from the force, her hair blew in the wind rapidly.

AUTHOR POV

The monsters almost felt at ease seeing their rival was finally rid of...but tension still lingered.

"It's over..." one exhaled, making a few other Subterraneans pop out of the ground, "What was that surface dweller..?"

"I'm..." a voice was heard from beyond the flames and ashes. It was Saitama, he walked slowly past the flames that licked the ground, he held (Name) bridal style, Saitama's face was sharp, this jaw line and serious as his eyes, "Just a guy who's a hero for fun. I do not lose! And the surface, is under MY protection!!"

At first the monsters seemed to be caught off guard but quickly composed themselves, "Big talk for a race of vermin!" All monsters then sprinted towards the humans. Saitama put (Name) down, "Stay here" he whispered in her ear. She only nodded, her voice lacked any sort of sound.

SAITAMAS POV

I rushed towards the monster's as to avoid (Name) getting hurt, my bare feet pounded against the ground. Multiple monsters toppled me, but with ease I punched them away, causing them to fly away. The bigger Subterraneans then came after me, one by one, I met their punches with mine, if my punch met theirs, their blood exploded behind their backs. They collapsed onto the ground, causing it to roar and quake on impact.

'This feeling...' I thought, 'What is this feeling, this wild throbbing in my heart?!'

'This rush, this tension!,' I kicked away a giant fist heading in my direction, 'It has been so long, I forgot...the exhiliration of a
real fight!'

With the final Subterranean dead, I found myself on top of their dead bodies, the rain cleared the dust and debris. I tilted my face towards the sky, the rain hitting my face as my heart pounded wildly.

"S-Saitama!!" (Name) called out to me

her eyes filled with tears threatening to fall down her face, she climbed to meet me. Her delicate arms wrapped around my neck, "I thought I lost you... I was so frightened." she confessed, I pulled her close to me.

'This feeling... it's coming back to me...'

I cupped my hand around her tear-stained cheek, "You'll never lose me... I swear to protect you."

(Name) smiled brightly at me, her (e/c) twinkled with hope, she then began to go onto her tip toes, her eyes fluttered shut. I followed suit and began to lean in--

"Well, Well..." a deep voice echoed, "Looks like you have been taking good care of my children!" Another Subbteranean rose up from the ground, but he was bigger than the others combined, with multiple arms and weapons... this was the moment I've been looking for.

The monster towered before us, "I Subterranean King will take you on!!"

My arms slowly left, (Name), she took a step backwards from the monster. At first I walked towards the beast, but my heart pounded wildly in my chest causing me to sprint at the being!!

"Go Saitama! I believe in you!" I hear the (h/c) haired girl cheer, my heart pounded again.

'This is the very feeling I've been looking for!'

*RRRRIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGG*

I then smashed my alarm clock, accidently knocking it through the floor. I wake up to an unharmed apartment...the streets and buildings were all in one piece. I also looked over to see (Name) still asleep, her chest going up and down, her hair covering her face a bit. My cheeks heated up a bit...

'It was all... a dream?' I thought to myself as I sat up in bed.

"The surface is ours!!" I hear a voice cheer outside, "You surface dwellers must die!"

I went onto my balcony to see the commotion, "I am the Subterranean King!" I see what looks like the creature I saw in my dream, with his henchmen cheering him on... they're a bit small but a fight is a fight.

"Surface dwellers, prepare yourselves for--"

before the monster could say anything else, I jumped out off of the balcony, with my hero suit on, and landed on the 'King's ' head, my heart ready for this fight! I had high hopes!

"Alright!" I yelled my fists ready to fight, "Bring it on!!"

'SORRY ABOUT THAT'

"Um?"

a white flag appeared before me, it was planted firmly in the ground... I looked around and scratched the side of my head, wondering to see if this was a joke.

"Hey Saitama... what's going on?"

I looked up at my balcony to see (Name) awake and combing the knots out of her hair. She looked at me confused and then gasped when she saw me in my hero uniform, "Hey! Don't you dare leave me when it's YOUR turn to make breakfast!" she scolded

(Name) smiled down at me from the balcony, "I'm craving pancakes~" she teased and skipped back inside.

I stood in the middle of the streets for a moment, lost in thought, 'I guess it really was a dream...it seemed so real...' but I looked to the sign, "SORRY ABOUT THAT', and with a defeated sigh, I went back inside and made pancakes for (Name)

'I guess I really am the strongest'

TO BE CONTINUED