Running Late

Chap 1

Raven had barely gotten to her room before she collapsed onto her bed and fell into a deep sleep. It was around 8:00am when she woke up. Raven stumbled into the bathroom not caring she had missed her first class. She stared into the mirror looking at her complexion. She looked at her one lovely red eye, then she looked at her grey eye. She thought it was dull and boring compared to her red eye. She had always wondered why the rest of her family had brown and blue eyes. It made her feel different. She looked at her darker tan-ish complexion. She quickly covered her red and grey eyes with brown contact lenses. Hastily, she wet her wavy hair before brushing it. Then, letting it air dry she teleported behind the school, since she went to an all human school she wouldn't want to reveal her identity to anyone."I hope nobody saw me. I can't let anyone know I'm a witch" Raven said under her breath.

Raven was in the middle of class when she started to sense something weird. "What if..no it can't be." Raven mumbled under her breath. As the weird sensation grew stronger the sound of footsteps grew louder. Then, a figure appeared to be standing right outside of the classroom door. Raven knew at that moment, the weird feeling was coming from whoever was behind that door. It was the school's popular girl Lyla "she looks as breathtaking in the picture as real life, maybe even prettier.." Raven said in her head, as she sighed. "She has such a stylish and beautiful way of dressing..." Raven thought. "Her looks so soft I wonder what it would feel like to run my hand through it.." Raven started getting butterflies in her stomach. "And that beautiful braid she has in her hair and the amazing lavender color." Raven sighed once again. "And those beautiful blue eyes so bemused and vivid yet so dark. They complemented her lovely sun kissed skin." Raven realized what she was thinking. She got flustered, but that weird feeling she got when Lyla was around...she couldn't ignore it. Lyla sat down next to Raven and quietly said, "looks like we're both late, why were you late? staying up reading those comics i assume?" Suddenly, Raven got a flashback from when she was fighting a werewolf, her brother was injured and her mother was trying to heal him. Raven was their only hope. She decided to depend everything on her last strike, she was too injured to do anything more. Luckily it worked and she killed the werewolf. "Hey snap out of it!" Lyla said. Raven replied "Oh, sorry and yes I was reading comics again." Raven let out a weak laugh. Raven didnt like lying very much...but she had to. She had to protect herself and her family.