2

Noah's POV
_______________

I gulp as we pull up and into a parking space due to the fact I don't know what today has in store for me.

"Hey" onyx bumps his shoulder into mine breaking me from my thoughts

"You'll be fine" he said and sat there for a brief second before getting out of the car and grabbing his backpack and swim bag.

"Are you coming" Ruby asked as she got out of the car and I mumbled a yeah and got out of the car.

People stared and that was to be expected considering I hadn't previously gone to school here.

"Let's get you your schedule ok" Ruby asked and I once again nodded.

"Good morning you three what can I do for you this lovely morning" the secretary in the main office asked

"I need my schedule please. I'm new. Noah Bennett" I tell her and she nods while making occasional clicks with her mouse and some typing before she printed it out.

"Thank you very much" I say and she smiles

"You're welcome have a nice day now dears" I thanked her and left the office with Ruby and Onyx.

"So your locker is somewhat close to ours. We're all in the same hallway so we can show you. And we have English together and you and Ruby have global together then all of us have the same lunch." Nyx said

"We'll go to English and then Ruby'll pick you up and show you where your global room is. We'll also try and show you your other classes but I'm not sure how much time it'll take. Ok" onyx confirmed the plan and I followed him to English while Ruby went to her art class.

We walked in and were greeted by the teacher and we took a seat in the center of the room with me next to Onyx.

Eventually the period ended and Ruby came to show me where our class was.

And just like the period before it came and went and as did the rest of my classes until lunch finally arrived.

Both Ruby and onyx came to my class and we all went to our lockers to exchange books, materials and such  before finally heading over to the cafeteria. Though our lockers were somewhat close.

"Hey Nyx. Hey Ruby" some of the people at their lunch table said as we walked up

"Hey who's this" one guy asks.

"This is our stepbrother Noah" Onyx introduced me.

"Hi" I said quietly and I looked up to see everyone.

There were girls from the cheer team and boys from the swim team. Over all there weren't many people. Maybe three girls including Ruby and four boys including me and onyx.

I then lock eyes with one boy.

He had tan olive skin and black hair.

"Noah this is Sky, and Lexie they are on the cheer squad with me" Ruby introduced her friends

"And this is Asher and Paxton. Asher is on swim with both me and Pax but Pax is the team captain." Onyx said introducing me to the other two boys.

I nod and gulp once I see the intense look Paxton is giving me.

Both Ruby and Onyx sat down and I see the only seat left is next to Paxton.

I gulp and quietly sit down.

"So are you trying out for any sports" Asher asked me

I nod

"Oh cool which one" he asked me curiously

"Track" and he nods

"Yeah I know our track team is very competitive and doesn't just let anyone on. Good luck" and I nod as a thank you.

Lunch eventually had to end though and I went through the rest of my classes and it turns out that Paxton is in my study hall for my last period class.

He ignored me and I ignored him. It was easier that way because he unnerved me.

"Time for tryouts" I hum quietly to myself as the bell rang signaling the end of the school day.

I go to the boys locker room and got changed. Even though it's crowded due to many different sports tryouts today I managed to get changed quickly and walk to the track outside where we were meeting before the tryouts actually began.

Let the tryouts begin.