Muichiro x reader // your name

genre: fluff 🤍

manga spoilers! anime watchers stop.

╔════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╗

It was a normal sunny day at Muichiro and Yuichiro's household

" Oh, hey Mui-chan." the h/c girl with e/c orbs called out to Muichiro as she waved enthusiastically.

" Y/n san! How are you today! " Muichiros face lit up when he saw the girl.

" For the hundredth time, Mui-chan, just call me Y/n ! And yes thank you, i'm doing greattt!" Y/n gave a cheery smile before heading into Muichiro's house.

" Tsk, can you two lovebirds stop making out for one fricking second?" the hint of sarcasm was evident in Yuichiro's tone as he rolled his eyes. Muichiro's face flushed a deep red and he gave an unsatisfied pout. Y/n, meanwhile, got all flustered and tried her best to deny it.

" W-we're not lovebirds! I swear! I-i mean..." Y/n managed to stutter out while Muichiro was covering his cherry red face.

" Okay, whatever you say. " mumbled a dissatisfied Yuichiro as he headed back into the kitchen. Muichiro's face still a deep red colour.

" I-i think i'll just help my brother i-in the kitchen." Muichiro mumbled quickly as he dashed right in the kitchen.

" Ufufu, how cute." Y/n chuckled.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The sound of growling was heard.

Yuichiro groaned as he got waken up by that sound.

" Mhm..nuhh... .." he mumbled groggily in his half awake state.

" Whats...that..." he sighed as he opened the door. A monster with huge horns and fangs came into sight.

" is that a... DEMON! MUICHIRO RUN! " Yuichiro screamed while trying to run back into the house. Too late. The demon had already ripped off his left arm without mercy.

Muichiro was woken up by all that noise. He rubbed his turquoise orbs and he saw his brother without his left arm. His eyes widened and he started to scream.

" NII-CHANN! " Muichiro cried as he dashed towards Yuichiro. Holding Yuichiro's left arm, he started to cry helplessly. Yuichiro looked at what was left of his arm and smiled at Muichiro.

" R-run, Mui..chiro, r-run as far a-as you can. L-live. " Yuichiro's breath was unsteady as sweat appeared on his forehead.

" What...what about Nii-chan?" tears were rolling down his face non-stop as he tried to wipe them away but they just kept falling.

" Nii-chan....doesn't h-have anymore time... to live." tears welled up in the corners of Yuichiro's turquoise orbs as he forced up a sad smile. " Nii-chan...should be t-the one to die...Nii-chan is... the b-bad one... Y-you are the better one..." Yuichiro coughed up some blood and the pain was evident on his face. He gently grasped Muichiro's hand with the little might he had, " The M in Muichiro.... i-is the N in infinity..." He coughed out more blood. "Y-you can bring out... infinite strength..."

Muichiro gasped as his face crumpled.

" No, Nii-chan, you can't die! Don't die on me! " he screamed as he shook Yuichiro's body. Yuichiro's breath turned into pants, and eventually it stopped...

The sound of growling was heard again.

With tears still welling in his eyes, Muichiro gritted his teeth and reached out for his farming tools to defend himself.

He closed his eyes as he recalled his brother's last words.

" The M in Muichiro

Is the N in infinity. "

" You can bring out infinite strength."

An unspeakable kind of anger boiled up in Muichiro's body.

He screamed out in fury and charged with all his might.

『 無一郎的無 是無限的無。』

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Timeskip to 2 months later 🤍

(A/n: so we know after the demon attack Muichiro lost all his memories. That means he doesn't remember Y/n as well. Poor us lmao 💀 )

L/n Y/n, current rank Mizunoto.

Tokito Muichiro, current Mist Hashira.

The h/c girl sighed as she knocked on the door of the Mist Estate. She was told to go here for the hashira training and god it was sure harsh. The e/c girl knew she was lucky enough to survive through it.

The wooden door creaked open as a black haired boy with turquoise tips came into sight. His beautiful turquoise orbs had no light in them and he wore a serious and sober expression. It didn't need to take Y/n a minute to recognise her childhood friend.

" Mui-chan!" she exclaimed in joy. " I thought i lost you! " Y/n said as she reached out to grab Muichiro's hand. But the boy pulled his hand away.

" Who...are you?" he said, his expressionless eyes staring straight into Y/n's soul.

" You.. must be joking...right?" Y/n whispered as she forced up a smile. " I'm Y/n L/n! Your childhood friend!"

Muichiro looked like he was deep in thought. He made a mock thinking gesture and hummed.

" Y/n..L/n? Wait, what did you say your name was again..."

" ...Y/n L/n." the girl felt hot tears coming to her eyes as she forced out her name. " Do...you really not remember me?"

Muichiro stared at her for a few seconds and then let out the most beautiful smile. The gentle smile Y/n used to adore and blush at, and that smile which made the girl's heart beat faster than normal.

" I don't remember who you are, but i remember i loved you. "

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝

╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝