a fool [11]

Y/N's pov:

Jade and I were getting closer day by day. It was weird to think we were friends. She's my ex after all. I guess it was better to be friends than to be enemies in the same friend group.

I wandered to the kitchen to eat breakfast before school.

"Where were you yesterday? You came home very late." my mom asked.

"I was with Jade and Cat. I was gonna go home at the same time as Tori and the others, but Jade didn't wanna be alone, so she asked Cat to stay with her for a bit. Cat didn't wanna be alone with Jade, so I stayed as well." I answered.

"You have been talking about Jade constantly. Are you sure there's nothing between you two.. again?"

"I'm sure, mom." I said with a sigh.

"Ok then. Just be careful. I don't want the past to repeat itself."

I just nodded. I ate my breakfast and drove to school, just like every other day. I went up to my locker, hoping to find all of my friends, but only Jade was there.

"Looks like it's just me and you today." Jade teased. A smirk was appearing on her face.

"Shut up." I shot at her. "Where is everyone?" I asked her as I started putting chapstick on my lips.

"I don't really know. They're supposed to be at this weird-" she stopped talking mid-sentence.

I noticed that she was looking at my lips. It made me a little confused. Maybe my chapstick caught her attention, but I don't think that was the thing she was interested in. She kept staring at my lips long after I put the chapstick away. After a few seconds, Jade slightly licked her lips. It made me blush a bit.

"Uh.. Jade?" I spoke.

"Oh uh... what was I saying?" her cheeks got red.

"Just forget it." I mumbled as I walked to class and left Jade alone.

After that, I couldn't stop thinking about my mom's words that she said earlier. What if there truly was something between me and Jade? It was hard to tell. I tried to focus on class work and avoid that thought.

I got paired with Jade for a small class project. Great. Being alone with her in my room will definitely not confuse me even more...

I was in the living room, watching TV while my mom was ranting about work. The doorbell rang. I knew it was Jade and I stood up to go open the door.

"I'll get it." my mom said, also standing up.

"No no, I'll go get it."

My mom got to the door before me and opened it.

"Oh, hi Jade."

"Hello miss." Jade said with slight confusion. She didn't think my mom would be at the door.

"Come in sweetie." my mom stated as she let Jade in. "Are you hungry? Do you want anything to drink? I can make you some coffee."

"No thanks." Jade responded with a smile.

"Well if you ever want anything, just let me or Y/N know. Make yourself at home."

Jade and I made our way to my room. I sat down on a chair by my desk and Jade made herself comfortable on my bed.

"Your mom is still so nice to me, just like she used to be." Jade mentioned.

"Yeah. She always loved you and it seems like she still does." I said.

"Even after everything I put you through.." she mumbled.

Her words made me sad for some reason. The room went silent. I wasn't sure what to say. My feelings were all over the place. More specifically, my feelings for Jade. Going to the same school as her really affected the way I feel about her. If I didn't transfer to Hollywood Arts, maybe I'd be happily dating someone with absolutely no feelings for Jade left.

"We should probably start working on the project." Jade broke the silence.

I agreed. Jade walked over to me and we got to work. Thankfully, the project was small and easy, so we finished it quickly. Jade stood up to leave. I got up after her and stopped her for a moment.

"Jade, can I ask you something?" I nervously questioned.

"Yeah, what's up?" Jade looked a little concerned.

"Why were you staring at my lips earlier today? I mean, you could've zoned out, but I don't think that was the case."

Jade didn't say anything. She just looked into my eyes. It was as if she was asking me if I really wanna know what she wanted without actually saying anything. I raised my eyebrow as I waited for a response.

All of a sudden, she put her hand on the back of my head and pulled me into a kiss. It caught me off guard. A few seconds later, my brain finally processed what was happening. I placed my hands on her waist, holding her close. I was enjoying the moment.. more than I'd like to admit. Jade's lips were soft. Even softer than I remember them to be. There was something so unique about her kiss. It felt so different from any other.

I heard my mom walk past my room. I guess Jade heard it too. She quickly pushed me away.

"What the fuck am I doing?" she muttered to herself under her breath. She rushed out of my room and just left.

I stood in the middle of my room, speechless. I felt like a fool. Why did she leave like that?

"What happened?" my mom entered my room.

"Nothing." I quietly said.

"Please tell me."

"NOTHING!" I yelled at her.

"Alright, I'll leave you alone." she exited my room and closed the door.

I lied down on my bed and buried my face into my pillow. I was stupid for letting myself enjoy that kiss. Jade leaving so suddenly didn't bother me as much as the words she said.

Why would she kiss me if she felt that way?