WHAT LIES BENEATH

What lies Beneath.

"Stay in your circle Zanna." Master Brython told her as she turned to check on him. "Those monsters are more than likely after you."

Leandra made a larger one around backing them off further. Denethore could now be seen getting too his feet along with Tristan. She had to stop herself from going to check on him, remembering Dreadfoot and what would happen to him if something happened to her. She could have been angry at herself for even worrying about him, but she didn't have the time too be as Denethore handed her back the Light of death. "You might be needing that." Denethore reminded her, as she took hold of her sword from him.

The others helped each other to their feet as the dead made way for their General who stopped by the blue circle's edge. The Elf and the Dragon rider are all we need."

Leandra quickly ducked in Zanna's circle, and whispered "The sword."

"You are the one that is blessed with the light." Zanna whispered back.

"Together." Leandra whispered back, as she stood close to Zanna.

"My magic will help you too little witch." She heard Dreadfoot whisper in her mind.

Zanna discreetly around her back removed the cover for the crystal.

"I hope you ladies know what you are doing."

"If you have a better idea Crazy old man I'm all ears." Zanna said as the undead and vampires began to attack the protective barrier created by the circle of blue flames.

"Once you you do that everyone will know what you have." Master Brython,

Zanna nodded to show she understood, and Leandra took hold of the swords grip with her. Just as the protective circle was breeched both Leandra and Zanna held the sword aloft and said the words together, "Light of eternity, Light of the dead, Lead the way too beyond, Lead the way back again, Light of eternity, Gift of our lady." A brilliant white light exploded from the crystal on the sword and sent a shock wave far through the tunnels and up into the air. The light touched the dead releasing their spirits from the decaying bodies that had entrapped them in their limbo. "Syfearer." Zanna then called out using dragon flames to turn the corpses to ash. The smoke filled the room bringing tears to her eyes and making the air smell and taste that vile it almost made Zanna vomit. She fell to her knees a little dazed and Leandra fainted next to her and fell to the floor. Zanna felt herself being helped up and then shook off the after effects as Brython scooped up Leandra.

Zanna felt herself slip into a vision. Water and gasping for air she felt Tristan,s familiar arm reach around her and pull her to the surface and drag her up on to the rocks above the water. It was then that she noticed he was bleeding and hurt and she could hear the dragon over head digging his way through. "You have to climb Zanna." He put her hand on the rock she turned to face him and she was nearing the night sky and there was nothing but swirling water beneath her. She came too from the vision , to find Tristan was helping her, they carried on running until they where out of sight of the cavern they had landed in and everyone stopped to rest. "Are you...?" Tristan looked concerned,

"I will be fine." Zanna replied, as he helped her sit down and handed her some water. "Don't follow me." She said and took hold of his wrist to stop him from standing up to leave.

"Zanna, I came back because I believe you can save us." He told her, "Not just because I care about you." He wrapped his arms around her for a cuddle,