*prologue: act I, abandonment*

Abandonment; a•ban•don•ment; nounthe act or fact of abandoning or being abandoned

the act or fact of abandoning or being abandoned

It's been years since the last Neverseen attack and her life seems just as full. Faking being in control of her emotions. Changing for Biana, changing for Fitz, changing for Dex, changing for Tam, chaining for Linh, changing for Marella, changing for Wylie, changing for her parents, changing for the world.

All she wants to do is have some peace, but knowing that the Neverseen hasn't struck yet--hasn't retaliated for their base, scared the crap out of her. She hasn't slept in days and if so only for and hour of two. She thinks it's because Keefe left, they wanted him and now he's gone, what are they going to do now. They need him to end the world, it's all apart of their plan.

***

The only sound was her shallow breathing while she walked down the abandoned hallway. Snidely, she heard hushed whispers, they were coming from around the corner. She slipped a dagger into her hand and stepped closer, closer, closer, then stopped. She had recognized one of the voices, it had a crisp accent, one she would only recognize as...Fitz's.

Comment and vote please :)