Chapter 10- Styx

Percy's POV.

I barged into the murders hideout. They really should've hidden it better.

I heard an alarm go off. I started running. We had split up, hoping to find them before they evacuated. I stormed to a room. No one.

Walked into the next. No one. It just kept going forever. Until I found it. Leo's signal for when someone found them. It was a golden flare, so Hazel. I started running toward it. I got there within 2 minutes. Everyone except Piper was there.

When I looked, I saw that Frank was holding the girl. It seemed that she was the only one there. I bared my teeth in an animal-like way.

She cowered. "Please don't hurt-"

I cut her off with a slash of water at her cheek. Her head snapped to the side, but she didn't protest as I started torturing her; all of my anger, my rage, my grief putting me into a state of mind that I never want to go into again.

It didn't even cross my mind that Frank might still be holding her, or that I might've hit my friends. Thankfully, none of that happened.

After about 5 minutes of this, a hand stopped me from doing anything else. It was Nico.

I rounded on him. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" I shouted at him.

Nico didn't flinch. "Don't. Hurt. Her." He said dangerously.

I glared at him. "Oh, so you're protecting a murderer now, Di Angelo?"

His gaze hardened. "No. I'm stopping you from becoming one."

Everything went out of me then. I sunk to my knees, my head in my hands as I cried. I cried for Annabeth, for Thalia, for hurting Sophie even though she killed them.

That was all I remembered before I blacked out.

Nico's POV.

After Percy fell unconscious, I walked up to Sophie. She was sitting there, an emotionless facade on. But I saw through it; because I had put on the same thing so many times.

"Sophie?" I said, quietly, carefully.

She kept her head down. I knew shame would be shown in her eyes if she lifted her head.

"Where are the others?"

"I made them escape. Everyone should be far away by now." Sophie responded, some satisfaction-almost relief in her voice.

I nodded, understanding that even though she would give up her own life, she didn't want anything to happen to her friends.

I got up, and gave a hand to her. She didn't take it.

"I warn you." She started, looking up. "If you so much as touch them, you're going to get a fate worse than death."

Even though I flinched, I didn't back away. But Sophie's eyes were glowing with power. That's when I noticed it: everyone was gone.

"Oh, Styx-"

A/N: I am so so sorry to the one person that reads this for the short chapters. There also won't be more than fourteen as I have now concluded.

Word Count: 480