Chapter 1

"Stace, seriously, I have to-hmm”

The end of the sentence is cut off lips on hers, the blonde tugging at the brunette’s ears to keep her close. Hannah pecks her lips once more before pulling away fully, backing up into the few feet of space left in the cramped closet.

The blonde throws a frown, reaching down to straighten out her skirt and top, “So are we still on for tonight?”

Hannah looks up from her jacket, quirking an eyebrow at her, “What’s tonight?”

She sighs exasperated, crossing her arms, “Harto, you said you would go to that club with me.”

Hannah tries not to cringe at the whining tone of her voice, running a hand through her short hair. “On a Tuesday night? After practice? Are you crazy, I would never agree to that.”

Considering her appearance acceptable enough to pass as not making out in one of the janitor’s closets, she reaches for the door, stopping and turning to back to the girl when she doesn’t feel her following. “Stacy, we will do something different another time, okay? But not on a school night.”

The blonde throws her hands up in the air, reaching her hands forward to grasp Hannah’s. “But why can’t we just-”

“Stace.” Hannah stares into her eyes, waiting for Stacy to look back up at her. She does, then down at her hands and steps back.

“I know, no relationships.”

“It’s just too complicated, too much with all I have going on right now, and with what you’ve going on.”

Hannah watches the pout form on the other girl’s lips, throwing her a cheesy smile in the hopes of a laugh. The blonde pushes at her shoulder with a giggle, brushing past her and creaking the door open, sticking a head out to check for anyone lingering in the hallway. Hannah assume there’s no one there, since she pushes the door open fully and steps out. Following, she smile politely at the girl once more as they are both now in the bright open hallway, going their separate ways.

“It’s not because of Jenna, is it?”

The brunette struggles not to roll her eyes, succeeding only slightly.

“This is about me. You know that.”

She nods her defeat, throwing a small wave and turning in the other direction, putting an extra sway in her hips as she marches off. Hannah allows myself 3 full seconds to admire, before turning completely to the other side. She’s polite, not dead.

The bell rings at this point, signaling the end of third period. Heading down the few hallways to where her locker is located, Hannah digs for her History book, barely getting it out before the door is slammed in front of her, nearly causing her to jump out of her skin.

“Jesus! Mames do you have to do that every time?” The brunette exclaim, eyes squeezed shut and a hand over her heart.

The bright chuckle trickles into her ears, eliciting a laugh from her lips. Opening them, she’s met with a furry of red cheeks and red hair and sharp emerald.

“Because you like to lose your shit every time, and that makes it worthwhile.” Hannah shakes her head at the taller girl, opening the door quickly to grab her notebook before she has a chance to close it again. When the door closes a second time, Hannah feels two finger sharply against her neck, pinching harshly.

“Damn Hart, what did I tell you about letting your randoms give you marks all over yourself before a big game?”

Slapping the intruding hand away neck, Hannah fixes her with a glare. “First of all, I do not have “randoms”. Second of all, I wear pads, so it’s not like anyone can see them anyway.”