I don't need you

Marinette had been expecting it for a while, her class to leave her for the liar, but she thought she would be more devasted than this. It all happened on a sunny Monday morning, Marinette walked into class only to be greeted by the whole class looking at her like she had killed their dog. She sighed realizing there is no point in even trying anymore, "What did Lila say now?". Alya spoke first, "I am hereby am renouncing my friendship with you because you fail to even attempt to be a nice person." The whole class followed suit...

"I don't want to be friends with a bully"

"I don't know what got into you, but I don't think we can be friends"

"I can't believe I used to be your friend, your just a jealous bitch"

Was it bad that after every comment she wanted to smile bigger and bigger until her face broke? All her friendships with the class were destroyed, yet she was happy in some twisted reality. Marinette knew her friendships in her class wouldn't last, they were toxic to the point that Marinette didn't even look forward to seeing them again the next day, they verbally abused her and made her feel more self-conscious than she already was. Some sent her bad looks and purposely tripped her and made her hurt. She went home every day with some bruises here and there and cried herself to sleep. She then realized w and looked what a waste of energy and time these people were. She didn't need them and if she was being honest, she didn't even want to try with them anymore, she wasn't going to waste her time trying to repair an already broken relationship with these people who dropped her for a new and shiny toy. She was not the least bit mad at their decision, in fact, she was actually pleased to the point where she couldn't stop a smile from growing on her face.

To say the class was shocked was an understatement, they had a mixture of shock and hurt in their eyes. Marinette had paused for a moment frozen in what the class had called a "Marinette moment" because she did it often, smug looks and smirks had been on everyone's faces (except Adrien, Nathaniel, and Chloe, who for once looked sympathetic) until Marinette did something unexpected, she smiled. She. Freaking. Smiled. The whole class's mouths dropped Marinette who seemed to be coming out of her moment looked surprisingly calm and happier like a huge weight had been lifted from her shoulders. They all expected her to cry and cry asking for their forgiveness and promises to do better and she would no longer bully Lila and everyone would be happy. They never expected this reaction.

Marinette was happy she no longer had any more drama than she needed, coming out of her thoughts managed a delighted "Thank you, I no longer have the energy for meaningless friendships, forced interactions, or unnecessary conversation." "So if you don't mind not talking to me again that would be ideal" and walked to the back seat. Surprisingly Chloe walked over to Marinette, "I'm sorry," she paused as if unsure of what to say "I know your friendships mean a lot to you, and I was hoping that maybe we can put aside our differences and be friends?" She managed a small smile that Marinette returned, "No problem Chloe, I would love to be your friend." Chloe breathed out a sigh of relief and took a seat next to Marinette in the back. Marinette spoke to the rest of the class, "Since we are no longer friends you won't mind losing my number, actually don't bother I've been meaning to get a new phone anyway." Everyone had looks of hurt and a few carried some of the rage of the past events *cough* Lila *cough* Alya *cough*. Adrien was the next to speak, "That goes for me as well, I'm not going to be friends with bullies.", and proceeded to the back in the row across from the two new friends.

Lila was seething. Why couldn't Adrien follow her plan, he was supposed to fall head over heels with her and was supposed to help her take Marinette down, but he had to gang up with her. She quickly came up with some fake tears and started another show, "I'm really sorry guys, I thought that telling you guys wouldn't cause any problems and I can't help but feel like this is my fault." She looked in *fake* guilt at the ground. Alya was quick to comfort her friend, "Don't say that Lila you showed us exactly who Marinette is and..." She looked at Adrien "if he can't see what a big bully she is then there was no point in even being his friend in the first place." That was when the bell decided to ring and the teacher ran into the scene in front of her. "Alya, what happened?" Ms. Bustier asked the child who was glaring daggers at Marinette. "Marinette decided she wanted to be a bully and hurt Lila and stole her things," Alya said not looking away from the poor bluenette. Ms. Bustier sighed "Marinette please apologize to Lila and give back her things."

Marinette looked appalled she was not going to let her win, she was done being a doormat. Her face cold she sent a glare at her once favorite teacher, "No". The room suddenly turned colder, no one had ever heard Marinette sound so cold. Ms. Bustier recovered quickly "I'm sorry?" She asked her once most well-behaved student. "Apology accepted." Marinette decided she wanted to be bold, she wasn't going to take this shit anymore. "Marinette you can take that attitude straight to detention." Marinette didn't even flinch she wasn't scared, "No thank you she responded. "I wasn't a question, and I won't have you speaking this way to me." She said absolutely outraged. "Why not? Is it because I don't have a rich enough daddy? How about  Chloe tells her daddy" she called over her new bestie, they bonded quickly over their hatred of Lila, "I bet Daddykins would love to hear all about what you have been doing in this quaint little classroom." She smirked, Ms. Bustier paled and stuttered out a quick "Sorry Marinette" and decided then was the best time to start the day.