forty two.

JORDAN BAKER POV

JORDAN BAKER POV

My family has been in so much disarray ever since the big Latrelle reveal. Mom and dad have been at each other's throats nonstop because dad was sending money to Grace and he left mom out of the loop about it. Mom feels blindsided.

Mom's also mad because dad was in fact sending Grace her well earned money. Not always, but most of the time.

I don't know how dad is gonna salvage this one...

Then there's my twin sister Olivia. I'm her least favorite person in the world right now and I don't know how to fix it. I didn't want her to end up heartbroken, I just wanted the truth!

Maybe I am selfish, I don't know. But to make it up to Olivia, I'm not gonna give Latrelle a hard time anymore. He's my brother anyway, we can't be beefing. Dad won't allow that. Besides, I have someone else to worry about.

Khalil.

My family still doesn't know that Khalil and his friends put guns to my face at the party. They never will either because I can handle Khalil. And it looks like I have to handle him right now because him and his homies are approaching me.

"Oh look who it is, fellas. Bitch made Jordan," Khalil jeered.

I got in his face. "You sure you wanna call me that? Because I can change your thoughts about me real quick."

That elicited a snort from him. His homies laughed too. "Remind me what you said about being on your turf?" Khalil got in my face now. "Looks like you're on our turf now, and your little bitch ass friend ain't here to protect you."

"I don't need John. I can handle your ass on my own."

Khalil put his arms out to the side. "Then please, by all means, handle me Jordan."

So I gave him what he wished for. I punched him in the face and his homies looked shocked. They weren't expecting me to be so bold.

I told them that I'd change their thoughts about me real quick. No son of Billy Baker is bitch made.

Khalil was shocked too, so it took him a few seconds to start hitting me back. All of my rage is powering me so Khalil's punches aren't doing shit to me but making me stronger. His homies noticed too, so they interfered.

Darnell grabbed me and held me from behind, preventing me from moving. That gave Khalil the opportunity to pound on me relentlessly.