Chapter 0.2

Age 6

"Princess Tilly, I present to you, Sir Rowood!" Her father bowed as he played a trumpet noise from his phone.

A little boy dressed in plastic armor along with a toy sword in hand, walked in. "Princess Tilly, please let me guard you with- with- with?" He glanced up at Tilly's dad.

Alex smiled as he leaned down and covered his mouth from the view of his daughter, "With your strength and good looks."

Smiling, Sir Rowood stuck his sword out and proudly finished what he was saying, "With your strength and good looks!"

Tilly stared at him as the words registered in her adventure filled mind. Sir Rowood lost his smile as Tilly doubled over laughing. Looking toward her dad for answers he saw Alex holding in laughter of his own.

"What's so funny?" The auburn haired boy asked.

When they didn't answer him he stomped his foot and huffed before storming out of the room. He grumbled his whole way to the park.

Once Tilly calmed down and saw her green eyed friend wasn't where she saw him last, she looked around the room. She tends to become oblivious to what's going on around her when she's laughing.

Looking toward her dad for an answer she found him smiling as he pointed out the door, "He went off to the park I think, you can catch up to him, but you gotta run." Her dad's smile widened as she ran out the door with the one step he took.

Whenever he said run, they thought he was going to chase after them, so they booked it before he could get two steps in.

Running out the door she looked at the house that sat across from hers. His mom smiled and waved as she saw the pig-tailed little girl run out of her house.

"Did you see where Sir Rowood went?" Tilly cupped around her mouth and shouted.

"Sir Rowood?" His mothers mouth twitched as she thought back to her armor clad child she saw pouting just a moment ago. "He was pouting- I mean walking to the park! Did something happen?"

The little girl shook her head as she pulled her slipping pants up, "I don't think so." She was uninformed to what upset the knight in plastic armor.

"Okay! Well tell him to come back for lunch when you're done, okay?"

"Mhm!" She hummed as she started to run down the sidewalk, not waiting to see if his mom had anything else to say.

Shaking her head at the brown haired little girl's hurriedness, she walked across the street to talk to her parents.

As her scuffed blue sneakers hit the pavement she looked around for Sir Rowood. She smiled as she imagined it was her in armor saving the prince from being locked away in a tower.

The blue shining from her armor made people look as she ran past on her search for the prince of seven brothers. They hired me to find the lost Prince, their seventh brother, I can't fail them! Her mind ran rampant as her feet brought her to the ever famous park.

The playground turned into a castle before her eyes. The platform that let you go down the slide turned into a tower as she saw Prince Rowood sitting inside.

Taking out her imaginary sword she swung at the beast who protected the bottom of the slide.

With a yelp the dog ran back to its house.

Smiling in victory she ran up the slide with great difficulty, to lastly reach the top. Standing from her gruesome climb she put a hand on her hip and pointed a finger at the boy who sat in the corner watching her epic battle.

"I've come to rescue you, Prince Rowood!"

He huffed and looked away from her, "I don't need saving."

Smile flattening she dropped her hand, "You- you don't need saving?" She could have sworn she was here to save him.

"No, and you didn't have to scare that dog." He crossed his arms once again.

"But he was a beast! I had to defeat him to save you from your tower!" She stood proudly once more as she told him of her heroic act.

Deciding to stop pouting about something he couldn't remember since she walked into the park, he reached a hand out to her, "How'd you defeat him?"

His question brought her joy as she gripped his hand like Mark taught her and helped him stand, "With my sword, of course! But my blue armor would have protected me if he scratched me." Hitting her chest plate to prove it, but truly just hitting her blue shirt.

"Who sent you to save me?" His mind transformed her into a knight and him into a prince as he played along with her tale.

Standing tall, like her dad taught her, she spoke with a giggle behind her words, "Your six brothers sent me to get their final brother for lunch."

"But they're at the beach." He spoke with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh, yeah! I forgot." Scratching her head she giggled, "Your mom wants you back for lunch."

"Oh." Nodding he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the slide. He sat down before gently pulling her to sit beside him, together they slid down. Standing they started walking back toward their houses.

Though their houses were at the end of the block it was still a good walk away. Swinging her hand in his, he listened to her hum her favorite song. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes - Cinderella.

It's her favorite movie, along with her favorite princess.

No matter how many times the boys tried to get her to see that Ariel, Mulan, Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Tiana were just as awesome! But her mind was made up. Though she loved those princesses too, she just couldn't get over Cinderella's love for animals and beauty.

It's because of that movie that no matter what animal it was, she would try and take care of it.

"Do you think you can come to my house for lunch?" Prince Rowood asked as he hugged her arm to his chest and set his head on her shoulder. She was slightly taller than him, which made her happy because everyone else was always taller than her.

Patting his head she whispered, "Maybe."

She whispered because she felt like he was tired and didn't want to speak too loud since his ear was so close.

Walking across the street with the sleepy prince she knocked on his house's door. After a moment his mom opened the door, smiling once she saw her son clinging to his friend with droopy eyes.

"Tired buddy?" She questioned as she crouched down to be eye level with them.

Nodding he rubbed at his eye to prove it further.

"Okay, why don't you come take a nap then?" His mom reached out for him but he just rubbed his head into Tilly's shoulder. "No?"

"Can Tilly stay?" He asked with an eye peeking up at her.

Nodding, his mom stood up, "Yeah, she can stay, I already talked to her mom and dad."

Smiling with a new jolt of energy he grabbed Tilly's hand and started dragging her towards his room, "Come on, my knight, let's go play in my room!" He exclaimed as he shot his mom a smile as he passed.

His mom smiled watching them disappear up the stairs. She closed the door and took a step before she slapped her forehead, "Wait! Come eat lunch first!"

The shout fell on deaf ears as a door slammed shut.

Shaking her head she fixed their bowls of mac' an cheese with hot dogs in it and started climbing the steps to bring to the loud children.

"You have to jump over it like this, my knight!"
______________________________________

Vote. Comment. & Follow