Chapter 2: Breakup Blues

(ANNIES POV)
I just broke up with Kyle, I told my mom. Of course there was the question, "why?" And I didn't know how to answer. I explained it as I just wanted to be single. That is a lie but it is what it is.

I walked in my front door, greeted my my dog Rocky. Of course, I texted James telling him about how me and Kyle are done. He was really happy and so was I. We loved each other and everyone could see it.

Kate wasn't to thrilled with the breakup. She sees how me and James are getting closer and closer. People in band talk about James and I a lot, and how they ship us a lot.

Later that night, I was texting James which is my normal routine at night. We basically just talked about how he likes me and how I like him. Except, then things got more serious. As we talked we got more sweet and flirtatious. James then told me that he loved me. I could feel my heart move. I couldn't help but smile.

(JAMES POV)
I just told Annie I loved her. I have waited forever to say this. She is the reason I get up every morning, just so I can see her. I am just so worried though. It's obvious Kate likes me. And I can't see Annie deciding to love me back when Kate is involved.

(ANNIES POV)
I texted him back of course saying I love you too. He kept talking and said everything he loves about me and honestly, I felt happier then ever. I buried my face in my pillow. Even though it was late and it was a school night, it was worth it.

The next morning I couldn't wait to see him. We didn't have band but I hoped I would see him at lunch.

School was long, every second I spent thinking about James. Or even better, us. The way I dreamed about us and I just pictured these little scenarios that
would be perfect.

(JAMES POV)
I kept reminding myself of last nights conversation with Annie. It's basically what got me through the day. I looked for her but I never saw her. I wish we had more classes together then just lunch.

(ANNIES POV)
My friends were worrying whether I liked him. I didn't want to tell them since the whole Kate thing. I wish it didn't have to be this way.

The day kept going on and on. Still no James. Finally by the end of the day I realized I wasn't gonna see him and I better just go home. So that's what I did.