𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"CAN'T WE DO SOMETHING ELSE?"

"Why?"

"We've been doing whatever this is supposed to be- " Robin exclaimed, pointing at the table with books and maps scattered. "For like one hundred hours. My brain needs a break."

Calina rolled her eyes at Robin's dramatics, as they had been at this for far less time.

"It's called studying, and it's only been thirty minutes."

"THIRTY MINUTES!?" Robin groaned. "I could've discovered Narnia by now."

But Calina wouldn't have it, and so they kept reading for more time.

"Studying." Robin muttered angrily, whilst reaching for the next book about the Battle of Tumhalad. "Notice how they conveniently put 'dying' at the end of the word? Because somehow the notion seems very tempting."

Still, there was no answer. Which meant they kept reading for an hour or two, no matter how much she complained.

But Robin, being herself, soon grew tired and bored. So she started to complain.

"I swear to Superman, if I have to read about more wars, I might just go to one myself."

"This Morgoth guy is so annoying, I could strangle him with my own hands."

And then the complaints turned into weird thoughts that kept Robin awake at night.

"I wonder if Voldemort can smell. You know, cause he's kinda missing a nose."

"You know what's creepy about Humpty Dumpty? They never said it was an egg."

"How did Edward get Bella pregnant? Isn't he like... dead? He doesn't have any blood, therefore how can he even... you know... get it to work?" She gave a frustrated sigh. "Why am I even wondering out loud about this? Stephenie Meyer really fucked me up."

"Does Mike Wazowski blink, or wink?"

"Do you think Spider-Man has ever shot his own web into his mouth to see what it tastes like?"

"Will there be pop music in heaven? Because if there isn't, I really need to talk to Jesus about customer service."

"How is Henry Cavill so PERFECT? Like, wHaT tHe aCtUaL fUcK!?"

"If there's no gravity in space, why do the ships fall downward when they are destroyed in Star Wars?"

"If you work as security at a Samsung store, does that make you a Guardian of the Galaxy?"

"Why are ABBA songs ALWAYS good and catchy? Do they use some kind of spell or something? Because there is not one song of theirs that I don't enjoy."

"Does Lightning McQueen buy life insurance or car insurance?"

But there was no response.

After what seemed like hours being stuck on the same page, Robin decided she'd had enough. She stood up loudly from the chair and started stretching, her body sore from the hours of sitting down.