2 - Sabs (HA!)

Note: While I was naming this chapter, I called it Sabs, to annoy Lasya and I am proud to say it worked. She went all "Hey! Make it SABRINAAA!" (I haven't changed it... I really want to see how this turns out!) 
Okay, to make it a bit more clear and a bit more like her REAL name, I have changed the name of the chapter! I kept the nickname in the brackets, so you can't complain now. HA! *Wild victory dance*

You haven't won and you never will!! *Does my weird victory dancey-dancey thingamajigabob!*

I squeezed through the swirling darkness, blinking as I suddenly saw a sea of people in front of me, all of them wearing long black cloaks that made me feel like I had been transported back to the '90s.

I stepped onto the grey floor of the platform, struggling to keep my balance as I held a large brown trunk and a golden owl cage in my smooth, squeaky-clean hands (I had just washed them), my chipped pinkish fingernails sparkling. I looked down at my brand new, highly polished, black sneakers, afraid that they'd skid on the rough surface beneath them, making all my belongings topple over. I turned towards the wall once more as I tried to swallow the thought of actually walking through a wall. But it was real. The stacked bricks stood right behind me, unmoving, with a surface as hard as a rock. I whirled back towards the brown wall on my right side.
"Platform 9 and 3 quarters?" I murmured, my thin, dark brown eyebrows knitted together as my eyes caught the large sign stationed beside me. King's Cross Station really was an odd place.
Brushing past the other passengers, who I guessed were witches and wizards, I strode towards the Hogwarts Express. The scarlet paint coating glinted in the sunlight.
I clutched my father's rough hand, gripping it tightly as we continued to move towards the train.
"Don't worry," he whispered to me reassuringly, patting my dark brown hair. I frowned, feeling a bit like a kindergartener; unaware of everything around me, the magical world.

I felt a soft, velvety belly cushion me. My eyes flitted upwards, a tall, slightly plump woman in my view. Her black cloak swished around in the light wind as I bit my lip, looking up at her.
"Oh, I... I'm so sorry! Are you... Are you alright? I really didn't mean to-" I stuttered, unsure of what to say.
"Oh, it's alright, dear. There's no need to make a fuss about it," she smiled at me, her dark red lipstick glistening. Her kind brown eyes twinkled, reminding me of my mother's. I had the immediate urge to see her, to look into her reassuring eyes. I silently wished her business trip had been canceled; I knew it was important... But this was too. If she were standing beside me, catching my very first glimpse of the wizarding world would have felt a lot easier. It buzzed inside me that she was a 'Muggle'. Everything would change now... Everything had changed between us. My heart sank as my mum's reaction to my Hogwarts letter flashed through my mind
"Is this your first year in Hogwarts?"
"Huh?" I murmured, snapping out of my daze.
"I asked if this is the first time you're going to Hogwarts," the witch repeated politely, her eyebrows raised. Her black boots were planted on the ground, so still that they made her seem like a statue.
"Oh... Yes," I replied, shuffling around nervously.
"Well, I'm sure you're a tad bit anxious now, but you'll love it once you reach; everyone does. That's what I've been trying to tell my son Robert this entire time: he has what you'd call the Heebie-Jeebies right now."

"Mum!"
A boy emerged from behind the woman, a frown on his pale face. He had hazel eyes and rough chestnut hair, a few strands of it already sticking out of the rest that was combed back slickly. A buttoned-up checkered shirt and loose black pants covered him, his polished black shoes tapping on the smooth grey concrete. I looked down at my attire, frantically wondering whether I was dressed well enough. Were my sneakers too casual? Should I have worn formal pants instead of navy blue tracks?
My fingers yearned to grip my dark-brown hair (that I hoped still looked as fluffy as it did back in the bathroom mirror at home) and tighten the high-ponytail that I felt had already started to slump down.

"Why do you have to keep using 'Heebie-Jeebies'? It's embarrassing!" he whined, his arms folded. He groaned, struggling to stretch out his hands as if they were chained; his short sleeves seemed to squeeze his arm even further as he tried.
The woman rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on, dear. We used to say it all the time back when I was at Hogwarts."
She sighed wistfully.
"Anyway, Robbie, why don't you introduce yourself to this nice little girl. This is her first year at Hogwarts too, you know."

Robbie looked at me, his sand-colored eyebrow raised. Pulling up his falling trousers once more, he looked extremely uncomfortable.
"I'm Robert," he murmured grumpily, sticking out his hand, "Robert Fernsby."
I stifled a laugh.
"I'm Sabrina," I said, shaking his narrow palm awkwardly. As I pulled away, I could feel my slim fingers fidgeting with one another.